We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buffalo Bills bison and horses

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Buffalo Bills bison and horses

Hi This has been on my mind since last night. Does anyone know where the bison and horses from the show stay when they are not working? Thanks in advance.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
214 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buffalo Bills bison and horses

I saw a video and they looked well kept in a lovely pen with hay and food - I am a veggie and this crossed my mind too!!!

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
54,197 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buffalo Bills bison and horses

Hi,

Yes they have a special area behind the show where they are kept. There was a bit of an uproar not long ago when one of the bison escaped during transfer, went through the Disney Village, and swam across lake Disney towards Sequoia Lodge! Video was posted online.

They managed to round him up and herd him back, and no-one was hurt. Gave some visitors a shock though, including one of our posters who saw it!

Mentioned in this post
Disney Village
Disney Village
4,253 Reviews
Marne-la-Vallee, France
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,197 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buffalo Bills bison and horses

They are very well kept, only do 2 shows a day for 1.5 hours each, and have two days a week off when the show is closed. The bison are only in a small part of the show.

Edited: 07 February 2014, 11:40
New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,197 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buffalo Bills bison and horses

The cowboys and Indians are not just actors - they really are native Indians and genuine cowboys.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Buffalo Bills bison and horses

This is something that bothered me too but I did a bit of research before we went and was happy that the animals were kept in adequate conditions.

If animal welfare is something that you are concerned about (as I am) then you might want to avoid Walts as they serve fois gras. I had booked it for our last trip as the restaurant looked so nice but it played on my mind. In the end I let my conscience be my guide and cancelled.

Xxxx

Essex
Level Contributor
30,370 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buffalo Bills bison and horses

Drat, I'd heard that they were all slaughtered after each show, then used for burgers at the cowboy cookout....

england
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buffalo Bills bison and horses

Hiya. I looked into this before going too & was happy to go & watch the show.

I'm a big animal loving veggie & wouldn't have been able to go without knowing. The animals actually aren't in it much, they have proper rest days & are well looked after.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37,374 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buffalo Bills bison and horses

I've been in the stables -- they are large, spotlessly clean, and the animals are healthy (shining hair/fur, clear eyes, no discharge from eyes or nose) -- and are loved and well looked after by the cast. The actors have one or two horses that they ride regularly, and they are absolutely bonded with their animals.

The bison are quite happy to return to their pen where fresh hay awaits.

Nearly every sit-down restaurant in France outside of Disney serves foie gras, and a visit to the farms in the southwest of the country would be in order before you cry cruelty too loudly. Please do note that this is small producers -- industrial foie gras is no more (nor any less) humane than any other industrial meat production.

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
9. Re: Buffalo Bills bison and horses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2015, 06:20