We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

massive increase in cost of DLH Breakfast

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
massive increase in cost of DLH Breakfast

Just saw this on fb!! what a massive leap in cost!

[Bad news] Breakfast at Hotel Disneyland passes to €35 (instead of 14.99 euros for adults) and €15 (instead of 5.69 euros) for children from tomorrow. (Photo: DG) (Translated by Bing)

St Andrews, United...
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: massive increase in cost of DLH Breakfast

That's very expensive! Is the experience changing at all? Characters or something?

Different menu?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,159 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: massive increase in cost of DLH Breakfast

That's a lot you may aswell go to cafe Mickey and see the characters at the dlh you only get characters at castle club breakfast

Bury St Edmunds...
Level Contributor
813 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: massive increase in cost of DLH Breakfast

Oh no, that was on my to-do list for May! It was a bargain but I can't imagine many people are going to pay that much for breakfast so I would have thought they would lose out in the long run.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: massive increase in cost of DLH Breakfast

Gawd,, for brekkie. They must be doing a proper character brekkie with the characters within the restaraunt. Otherwise it's a ripoff.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: massive increase in cost of DLH Breakfast

Oh my days,that's a huge increase! I have to say, I did wonder if something like this was coming. In December I had quite a long chat with one of the managers in the DLH and the gist of it was there is a feeling in sone quartets that the character meet and greets, breakfast and Descent should be for residents only.

I wonder if it means there will be characters?

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: massive increase in cost of DLH Breakfast

TBH. I have never done the DLH brekkie but I did want to but.... I do get why they would be charging more. If I later the huge price to stay their, finding loads if non guests taking up the tables would annoy me.

I hope they do put characters in the room though. Be lovely for the people staying there

Edited: 13 February 2014, 17:11
St Andrews, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: massive increase in cost of DLH Breakfast

Ive just phoned dlh as we were intending to have breakfast there on our arrival day. The person i spoke to said the breakfast price would still be €14.99 on our arrival day(28th march) and that he had no knowledge of any price changes occurring.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: massive increase in cost of DLH Breakfast

We planned to have breakfast in the DLH on our visit in April so I have just rang them.... It's all rather confusing!

As of tomorrow non resident guests can have breakfast at the prices quoted in the OP, but as of the 18/2 until at least the end of February non residents will not be able to have breakfast at the hotel... And they are not sure what will happen from march onwards! Also the characters will still only be outside of the breakfast room as usual....

Mmmm just when I thought I had all of our plans in place!!!

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: massive increase in cost of DLH Breakfast

my post should read - if I had payed a lot to stay there lol

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: massive increase in cost of DLH Breakfast

I have to say the breakfast and descent has got so busy over the past few years that we only watch now from up the stairs because it is so unsafe will people pushing and I have said I would hate to be the staff managing it it is crazy, so us as residents don't get to see the characters, years ago it was never like that, the staff looked very stressed and worried that no one gets hurt. The poor characters I feel sorry for them. It's a difficult one to say if it should be for guests of the hotel !!!

Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics