We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eurostar Questions

Birmingham
Level Contributor
153 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Eurostar Questions

Hi everyone

Im going to disneyland in september, going by eurostar and i need some help

The eurostar leaves St Pancras at 10:15

I live in birmingham and was hoping to go down there by coach,

if eurostar is at 10:15 what time should i be looking to be there for to leave enough time to go through passport control and all that

This is my first time so i haven't got the foggiest

thanks everyone

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Eurostar Questions

Hi I picked my tickets up today and it says to be there an hour before check in. You will probably be easier getting the train from Birmingham to Euston if you can I'm travelling from northampton.

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,830 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eurostar Questions

Hi, we usually get there about an hour before, but we stay in a cheap Travelodge the night before as I worry about train delays!

Trowbridge...
Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eurostar Questions

I'm also getting a coach to London but staying in London a couple of nights over my friends house before my trip. I'd get to the station at 9am so you have plenty of time to go through security and all that.

I checked the national express site for you and the fares are really cheap but most of the times are evening coach journeys from birmingham coach station to london victoria station. There is one at 3 in the morning and gets to london just after 6am which then gives you 3 hours before your train.

It does depend on what day you go though with the times, or you could catch a night coach and stay in a travellodge near the station. :)

Edited: 25 February 2014, 18:59
Birmingham
Level Contributor
153 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eurostar Questions

That's for looking for me. I go on the 24th which is a Wednesday, do you know how far the coach station is from st pancras

East Midlands...
Level Contributor
24 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eurostar Questions

I would recommend staying over the night before to take the stress away from having to rush!! We booked a travel lodge for under £50, Kings Cross, and it has recently had a major refurb.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eurostar Questions

<if eurostar is at 10:15 what time should i be looking to be there for to leave enough time to go through passport control and all that>

No later than 09.30 at the check-in at St Pancras.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eurostar Questions

Are you arriving at Victoria Coach Station? If so, then you can walk to Victoria underground station and take the tube to King's Cross, which is literally next door to St Pancras. On a good day, you could do this in half an hour, but if you're travelling with kids and luggage in rush hour then you need to allow yourself at least an hour. A cab would be easier.

Easier still, would be the train to Euston and a 15 minute walk to St Pancras.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
153 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eurostar Questions

I think in going to have a look at the train as there is 2 adults and 2 children I think train is sounding the easier option there not available for my dates at the moment so I'll have to wait and see the prices

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eurostar Questions

I think it would be much easier. Have you got a railcard? They can save you a fortune. Nice straight walk down the road from Euston to St Pancras.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Eurostar Questions

Also book your train tickets direct with london midland can normally get them cheaper then other sites.