We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phantom Manor, suitable for 7 and 4 year old?

East Midlands...
Level Contributor
24 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Phantom Manor, suitable for 7 and 4 year old?

Hi, wondering if the Phantom Manor ride is ok for girls aged 7 and 4? Just reading up on all the different rides and deciding which to do and which to avoid!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phantom Manor, suitable for 7 and 4 year old?

Hi, I think it very much depends on the child. My DD has loved it since she was 3 but she loves spooky stuff. Her best friend on the other hand was completely hysterical by the time her parents got her off. I think it's probably a good idea for you to ride it on your own first and see what you think.

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phantom Manor, suitable for 7 and 4 year old?

my son at close to 5 hated it already from the first moment when you have absolute darkness and the spooky voice in the elevator..so much so that we couldnt go on with the ride and neither did a spanish family with a 8-9 year old girl, so they took us out backdoors.

London, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phantom Manor, suitable for 7 and 4 year old?

If your a newbie to DLP like me and are unsure about rides being suitable, a good idea is to look on YouTube as they have videos of all the rides and you should be able to gage the suitability from there if you dont want to waste precious time at the park x

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
225 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phantom Manor, suitable for 7 and 4 year old?

My ds loved it and he's not into scary things. He's been on it at 4,5&6.

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,473 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phantom Manor, suitable for 7 and 4 year old?

DD thought the Snow White ride was far worse when she was 3-4.

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,810 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Phantom Manor, suitable for 7 and 4 year old?

My dd won't even go near the outside of it, she's 8, I think she went on when she was seven once but clung to me for dear life and kept her eyes shut the entire way round.

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Phantom Manor, suitable for 7 and 4 year old?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but do you walk through this attraction? We have watched it on YouTube don't see them get on or off a car but the camera seems so still for someone walking!!

We have watched others like TOT to get an idea of what rides are like as ds 6 and desparate to go on all but not sure he will be when it comes to the time!!!

Many thanks

Edited: 26 February 2014, 07:51
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Phantom Manor, suitable for 7 and 4 year old?

Hi Jane

You start in the stretching room, which is a lift designed to give the sense of going further down than you actually do. Then there's a short walk through, followed by the bulk of the ride spent sitting in doom buggies - individual cartiages similar to Buzz.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
688 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Phantom Manor, suitable for 7 and 4 year old?

We attempted it with a 7, 5, 4 and 2 yr olds. The 2 yr old was fine but the rest decided in the first part it was too dark so we had to make a swift escape before the doors shut! My dd refuses to go near now.

I agree that Snow White is quite freaky too!

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Phantom Manor, suitable for 7 and 4 year old?

Thank you Lelly. At least we know what to expect if we get him in!!

Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics