We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

disneyland on your own

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,159 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
disneyland on your own

After Speaking to my children's dad for months he still doesn't want to go and has denied me taking the children out of the country so I'm now going on my own. Is their a cheaper way to do it? Do people find it ok being in the park on their own?

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
54,160 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: disneyland on your own

Hi laura, sorry to hear you are having a problem being able to take your children to DLP with you. I have been going on my own for some time, as DH only likes to go occasionally, and my sons have their own lives to lead now. However - I have never had a trip when I have been on my own in the parks or for meals every day. The beauty of this forum is that people can meet each other there, and I have spent time with some posters going on rides, and also joining them for meals. You may well be able to do the same.

I try to go when another forum poster or two will be there at the same time, but have also met people on the Eurostar going to DLP, and also just got chatting to them randomly in the parks in a queue line. It would be harder for a shy person, as I am not afraid of smiling and saying hello to someone.

If booking a Disney package, you have to pay a supplement for one person in a room, and it works out cheaper for me having my Annual Passport and staying in non Disney hotels. They don't give very good AP or Shareholder's discount.

I never feel worried or nervous about being on my own in DLP, and it is nice choosing what I want to do, pleasing myself, when I am not meeting up with others. I don't mind eating in restaurants on my own, but prefer to have someone to talk to given the choice.

I hope to meet some posters 2-5 June, Caspdex again 8-10 October, and Welshie, Lelly and others at the beginning of December, so if you can book any of my dates, I can meet you as well.

Sometimes I just potter around looking in the shops, taking photos, and generally looking for anything I have not seen before. I don't really feel lonely there.

Welshie and I enjoyed meeting up last month, and our meals together, and met a few other posters there.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,159 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: disneyland on your own

Thank you figgy I'm trying to decide halloween or Christmas season

Edited: 08 March 2014, 16:24
New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,160 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: disneyland on your own

I have booked room / breakfast in the Cheyenne and Sequoia Lodge with Hotels.com or Ebookers in the past for a good price, but can't always get that, so then I check hotels like Explorers, Kyriad, or Hipark Serris. There are cheaper places, but I like to stay close to transport links if going back on my own late at night.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,160 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: disneyland on your own

I have booked 1st - 3rd December off work, so can go on Sunday 30th Nov, or Monday 1st December, and return on Weds 3rd or even on the 4th as long as I am home in time for work at 8pm!

Not sure if I am going to fly or Eurostar yet. Welshie will be going by Eurostar on the 1st I think, returning on the 5th.

Edited: 08 March 2014, 16:35
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,159 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: disneyland on your own

I've just looked at eurostar 30th to 3rd December £70 for a return in standard. I can get get Cheyenne and tickets £267

6. Re: disneyland on your own

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 March 2014, 21:18
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: disneyland on your own

That's really sad for you Laura but even more so for your little ones :( I'm sure you will be fine on your own - you probably won't be the only one! As Figgy said, there are always people here on the forum who will be willing to meet up with you :)

How old are your children? Old enough to ask their Dad to take them to Disneyland? If he won't let you do it maybe he ought to do it himself rather than deny them :(

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: disneyland on your own

That is sad I was worried my dd dad would do that but got told as I've she lives with me I can take her out of the country for up to 4 weeks without his permission. Dunno if that info will help you. I'm sure you will still find it amazing. Everyone's a child at disney x

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,159 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: disneyland on your own

My kids are 5, 4 and 2. I paid for us to go last year in August but left youngest with grandma as he wouldn't of been ok on a coach he's said it's too expensive, kids are too young. I've said I'll take them one at once as no one will go with me and again I've got a no chance. I got quizzed on our way home from passport patrol as my son's have a different last name to mine

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,559 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: disneyland on your own

Figgy and a new ride to look forward to, October can't come soon enough.

Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics