We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DLP mid September? and info on meal plans please!

York, England...
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
DLP mid September? and info on meal plans please!

Hi there,

We are looking to take our 3 year old son (will be nearly 4 when we go) for his first trip mid September this year. The reason I chose this kind of date was because it would seem that the European holidays are over. Is this correct? I used the link posted on this site and it appears to be that way. However I noticed when reading through the trip reports there don't seem to be that many for September times. I would like it to be a quiet as possible!! The worst thing I can think of is standing in queue after queue for an hour a time with an almost four year old. So I guess Im asking if this would be a good time to go?

Secondly could somebody please explain to me how the Meal Voucher works in relation to the park restaurants etc. Ie. I would be looking to book the Cowboy Cookout, would the meal vouchers cover this kind of thing? Im not sure I would bother with Cafe Mickey as it seems very expensive and my son is not mad on disney, although he does know who most characters are (I would imagine they may scare him that close proximity!) We are looking to stay in Sequoia Lodge...I have chosen this hotel as it seems mid range...my other half is quite horrified that this holiday will cost us in excess of what we paid last October for 10 nights all inc in Menorca! However, if we are likely to get good dining experiences (if the vouchers cover most restaurants) I may look at paying a little more for another hotel.

Apologies for going on a little! Just want to make sure I said everything I needed to lol.

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,595 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DLP mid September? and info on meal plans please!

This should help regards meal plans

www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/dining/meal-plans

Have never been in Sep, usually go early Oct, and with the use of Fastpass and EMH have never experienced long queues.

For the quietest times at DLP avoid the weekends and use the Extra Magic Hours in the morning. Unless you really want the use of a pool, you could consider staying at the Santa Fe, has been recently refurbed and has a "Cars" theme, which may suit a 4 yr old boy. You can eat in any hotel you want, apart from breakfast which you have in your own hotel. Breakfast in Disney hotels can be a bit of a trial at times, but if you can get there early you will avoid the busiest times.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: DLP mid September? and info on meal plans please!

I went in mid September last year and the parks were really quiet, no more than 20 minutes wait for anything except Crush's Coaster which was around 45 minutes wait :) some rides were even walk ins which was great!

EMH were great for having a good look at the castle before it got too busy during the day, and for going on a few rides too. It was a good time of year for me because it wasn't too hot either!

Hope you have a great time :)

York, England...
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DLP mid September? and info on meal plans please!

Thanks Guys! We are looking to book Sante Fe as you are right I think it would be right up my little boys street! And thats great to hear how quiet it was for you in September, brilliant. Thank you

Edited: 13 March 2014, 21:54
Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
229 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DLP mid September? and info on meal plans please!

I'm going 10-17 sept only been in march previously, I'm hoping it won't be to busy as well. Fingers crossed for us both!

York, England...
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DLP mid September? and info on meal plans please!

Hi Nicola,

I can't see many posts regarding people that have visited in September :( I hope Ive chosen the right date, from what Ive researched all the schools should be back to school by then.

Peacehaven, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DLP mid September? and info on meal plans please!

We've just booked for end of sept, beginning of OCR. Hoping it's going to be reasonably quiet?! We went 18th-20th December last year and walked straight on to the majority of the rides!

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
54,176 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: DLP mid September? and info on meal plans please!

Hi

I think we have fewer posters going in September because there is no special celebration at this time, and parents are less likely to want kids to miss a few days of school at the start of the new term and new school year.

I understand it is a very popular time for people to visit Paris so many of those could have a day in Disneyland. The weather can be lovely in September - I remember posters saying how hot it was one year.

Halloween season used to begin on 1st October but now it seems to start a few days later.

York, England...
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: DLP mid September? and info on meal plans please!

Ah yes that would make sense Figgygirl, I did think too, many parents would perhaps not be taking children out of school due to the fines which are now in place.

Harleylolamummy - Ive read up that its a good time to go due to lower crowd levels and like Figgygirl says, the weather can be rather nice, fingers crossed!!

Bury, England...
Level Contributor
208 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: DLP mid September? and info on meal plans please!

we went in september, it wasn't very busy but we did have our passes :)

Peacehaven, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: DLP mid September? and info on meal plans please!

I'm so excited! Although a bit gutted that we will miss out on the Halloween celebrations as we leave on 2nd oct