We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newbie here going dlp august advice please

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
162 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Newbie here going dlp august advice please

Hi everyone im going to dlp in august with my other half and our 4 yr old (will turn 5 there) for the first time ever! just need abit of advice if anyone can help, we are staying at the cheyenne do you get fastpass tickets or is this not included ? we are on the half board offer can you use the vouchers in cafe mickey, annettes etc? also do you think ill need a pushchair because little one hasnt been in one for over a year. Many thanks to anyone that can help xx

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,159 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newbie here going dlp august advice please

I'd defiantly take a pushchair. If you've got the standard half board look at dlrp magic website they have all menus and places that will accept your vouchers. Fast passes aren't included only certain rides have them you take all of your tickets to the fast pass .machine and you will get a ticket with a time for you to go back to the ride

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,595 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newbie here going dlp august advice please

You will need a pushchair, if you take your own, take a padlock and chain to immobilise it.

Fast pass is available to all park guests.

This link explains fast pass system.

dlrpmagic.com/planning/…

This link has details about the meal plan. You can use the vouchers as part payment if you want to eat in a higher grade restaurant .

www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/dining/meal-plans/

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
162 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newbie here going dlp august advice please

Thank you for advice links there great, probably a dumb question but yes its a standard half board we are on how do i upgrade to plus? as really wanted to eat in cafe mickey or can i use standard there and then pay the difference? a padlock thanks i would not have thought of that , is there places to lock the pushchair when we do rides or do people just find something to lock it to? Many thanks!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,159 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newbie here going dlp august advice please

I locked our pushchair to the fences near the rides. You can use the vouchers at their value and pay the extra to what you order. If you phone who you booked with they should let you upgrade your half board package at a extra charge

Truro, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Newbie here going dlp august advice please

Yes, you can use the vouchers & pay the extra. You can use them in Cafe Mickey & pay the extra (I asked this question the other day lol)

Edited: 24 March 2014, 07:12
Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Newbie here going dlp august advice please

Make sure you get an early breakfast time slot iff you can , its like a bun fight at the wrong time ! ,also take plenty of fluids as it was boiling there last August , try and plan ahead as much as you can as otherwise uou can find yourself wondering from place to place which just makes it even more tiring !!...-but definitely a pushchair , you'd be surprised how many much older children are sitting in them because their shattered and adilts wishing they'd fit in them!!!!...have a great trip xxx

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
162 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Newbie here going dlp august advice please

Thank you all for the advice we are going to stick with the standard meal and just eat at cafe mickey a couple of times and pay the difference, its quite normal to lock a buggy then i wont look odd lol , been reading up about fast pass so i think i know about that now, my little one wants to see the princesses so bad i just hope we do lol

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
10,070 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Newbie here going dlp august advice please

Yes, take a pushchair. And get up very early each day, having already acquired early timeslot tickets for breakfast - the earlier the better.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
162 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Newbie here going dlp august advice please

Thanks all for this advice going to help so much, so when we arrive at the hotel on the first day do i book the breakfast time for the whole of our trip or is it daily in advance? yes 7am or 7.15 would be fine as we would like to go to the park early for the extra hours, we will drink plenty of water i just hope the shops arent too expensive for drinks as we are going in august it hopefully will be hot so will be constansly needing a drink lol

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
10,070 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Newbie here going dlp august advice please

Get all your breakfast tickets for the whole of your stay as soon as you arrive and check in.