We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

for those who stay off-site

ireland
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
1 review
Save Topic
for those who stay off-site

Do you feel your missing out on the magic? It looks like we want to go in june we will have to stay off-site. We want to stay 4 nights and need a pool, the seqouia is too expensive for our dates unless we can get a better deal when this current one ends. I was thinking of just booking the flight now and holding out for a better deal with disney and if all else fails just stay at the explorer and get APs. But if it came to ut would we be disappointed with off-site.

Level Contributor
268 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: for those who stay off-site

I've done both with my now husband. I did prefer staying on site if I'm completely honest. We stayed in the NY hotel and there's just something nice about being able to walk back through the village. But staying off site was fine too. We stayed at magic circus.

I've just booked for October and while I wanted to stay at SL we've booked to stay off site and plan to get annual passes and will can still pay for 1 flight for the cost of SL with tickets!!

And getting annual passes means I get to drag DH back as many times as possible :)

Dorchester, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: for those who stay off-site

Hi Munstergirl

We stay at Davy Crocket ranch and will again in May this year. Don't feel like we are missing out at all as we spend so much time in the parks and village it's really only somewhere to sleep and it has a fab pool too. Our main reason is cost as it's cheaper than onsite hotels.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
54,200 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: for those who stay off-site

Hi,

If you think you may want a pool going in June, Hipark Serris has a nice outdoor one. The pool at Adagio Aparthotel is now indoor. Be aware that the Explorers hotel now insists on men and boys wearing speedo type trunks - no swim shorts allowed.

Although I would rather stay in a Disney hotel, I found it very easy walking to the parks from Hipark, which took 20 mins, so the same as from the Cheyenne and Santa Fe. Having self catering facilities can be a benefit for families who want to save money.

I stay in Resort until very late, and catch the last bus back to Hipark, so I don't feel I am missing out on anything really. It is just somewhere to sleep, and a lot cheaper with my Annual Passport than a Disney hotel. The Explorers and Kyriad may have good prices on sites like Expedia, Hotels.com or Ebookers. Use Trivago to search for best prices.

Mentioned in this post
Serris
Serris
Marne-la-Vallee, France
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
London, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: for those who stay off-site

Have stayed at Explorers twice and never felt we were missing out. Although a non Disney hotel it has a Disney shop and also an indoor kids play area, pool and air hockey tables. It also does amazing pizzas in the evening. The only thing you don't get is the magic hours but last June we were in the parks from 10am - 11.30pm by the time Dreams had finished. 13 hours was more than enough per day and after breakfast instead of going to the park we went in the pool.

The kids wont notice what sort of hotel you are staying in, and if they do complain tell them how much money you have saved which can be spent on treats.

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,200 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: for those who stay off-site

The Explorers is a fun hotel for children, and the pool is great, with slides and waterplay. I don't think rooms have been refurbished, but they have done a lot to the public areas since it was taken over by Algonquin.

They also have their own meal plan, if you don't book it with Disney.

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,788 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: for those who stay off-site

We wish we had stayed off-site sooner than we did. Having a seperate room for DD to sleep in is a real boost. The only thing you miss is breakfast in a Disney hotel, which unless you are in the top hotels is no big loss. I spent too many nights in the Cheyenne and Santa Fe having a drink in the dark, trying to get DD to sleep. We still have a meal in the hotels and transferring to the Residhome by train from DLP is so much better than the shuttle buses.

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: for those who stay off-site

I agree all that has been said about explorers hotel, have stayed there for three of our disney trip and still felt part of the disney magic.nice little shop, great breakfast, great pool and nice rooms we had a 6 person room so children slept in the bunk room and adult could still talk and watch tv.

Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: for those who stay off-site

Until this year we have stayed off site in Explorers. Even though it is not a disney hotel it always still felt part of disney.

Edited: 24 March 2014, 19:33
ireland
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: for those who stay off-site

Thanks everyone the explorer is def plan B then, were not too bothered about emh as park open until 11pm in june. Our disney trips these days are far more relaxed . Will book our flights anyway and see if there is any new offers.

Figgy do they usually do more offers after current ones end??? Never really noticed before as once were bookedI dont check it again.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,200 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: for those who stay off-site

The various offers don't all start and finish at the same time. So if one ends ( like the book by 31st March one) another can come out straight away or shortly after. It depends how bookings are going really. You can see what has come out in the past on our Latest Disney Offers thread. Some people have booked using the French Disney site when a good offer has appeared there, like 50% off flash sales. You just have to keep checking.

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics