We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Did anyone buy kids costumes from Argos for their trip?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
294 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Did anyone buy kids costumes from Argos for their trip?

Hi all, am looking to get DS a Peter Pan and Woodie costume for our trip in May but they seem very expensive on the disney website and in store and I see that they have both in Argos (at half the price)but am wondering are the Argos ones good quality and do they look like the real thing? Where did you all buy costumes?

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
897 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Did anyone buy kids costumes from Argos for their trip?

I got second hand ones on EBay! They grow out of them so quickly and wear them so rarely, that I try to get bargains! I usually aim for second hand Disney Store ones in good condition; in general I have been really pleased. There was just one which was not in great condition, but it had only been a couple of pounds and no one noticed when it was on.

england
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Did anyone buy kids costumes from Argos for their trip?

For the price they are fine but the quality isn't as good. Perfectly fine though don't get me wrong, especially when you consider how much wear they'll actually get out of them.

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
249 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Did anyone buy kids costumes from Argos for their trip?

Loads of great costumes on eBay, I'm shocked at how much people are willing to pay for Elsa dresses though!

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
225 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Did anyone buy kids costumes from Argos for their trip?

I bought my daughter a rapunzel and Ariel costume for our trip in sept they cost me £7.00 each and I think they will be fine she will be 3.5 years and I don't mind if she wrecks them at that price :-)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
294 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Did anyone buy kids costumes from Argos for their trip?

Thanks all will have a look on ebay too so.

Hopton on Sea...
Level Contributor
441 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Did anyone buy kids costumes from Argos for their trip?

Never bought clothing or costumes from Disney store before (never needed to until now!) I am currently looking on ebay to but wondering about sizing. Are Disney store clothes generous or small fitting. I am hoping to buy my two some buts knew from there but so they have more outfits second hand to. Just nit sure of sizes buying on line. Waffle over lol, its late!!

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Did anyone buy kids costumes from Argos for their trip?

DD is 6 and small for her age but when buying from the Disney Store or DLP I always buy the next size up as the costumes aren't generously cut.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Did anyone buy kids costumes from Argos for their trip?

My kids are well past the Disney dress up stage , but when they were little, i always used to buy considerably bigger so they could wear a jumper and trousers underneath.

i saw quite a few kids looking like they were uncomfortably squeezed into sausage skins at Disney because they were wearing the costume over something warm.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
294 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Did anyone buy kids costumes from Argos for their trip?

Steverson, Selkienice & Lelly I was actually wondering what size to get as we are going 5th May but I am expecting it still to be cold enough so DS will be wearing warm clothes underneath - he is a tall but slim 3 & half year old so I'm thinking of going for 5-6. Had a quick look on ebay and they seem to have mainly princess costumes with very few boys ones I think I'll just go for the cheaper Argos versions as he'll probably only wear them once or twice.Thanks all.

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
897 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Did anyone buy kids costumes from Argos for their trip?

We did have unseasonably lovely weather earlier this month, but for most of the day, my children were fine with the costume and a base layer (thermal leggings and thermal long sleeved top underneath) - they wore their coats first thing in the morning and again for the walk back to the hotel in the evening. Pleased I took thermal layers, as they are very light weight and take up very little room in the case (good job, as the costumes take up loads of room - especially girls dresses with hoops!)