We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seat size

England
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
265 reviews
Save Topic
seat size

I am going to Disneyland Paris in may. I am worried about seat size as I have a very large butt and a huge chest. I am 5ft and a UK size 20-22 so short and chunky! Chest size 50inches. Will I have problems fitting on the rides?

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: seat size

Hi

We had a thread about rides for larger people a while ago. I have it bookmarked but am on iPhone at moment at work. I can find it for you tomorrow. Most rides will not be a problem but some people find Crushs coaster a bit of a squeeze. Some find it difficult to fasten the shoulder harnesses on the roller coasters or RC racer. You may find Orbitron rockets a bit narrow. The seats in star tours simulator ride are not very wide. The seats in Cinemagique, Animagique and art of Disney animation are the same as standard theatre or cinema seats.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: seat size

Our destination expert caspdex is a large tall chap. I don't think he has many problems with rides. When welshie and I went on RC racer together last month he was struggling to fasten his harness and said it would not reach. For a minute he thought he would have to get off, but the cast member gave it a good shove down and fastened it. Being winter he was wearing a thick jumper and padded anorak. I'm not sure what chest size he is though!

I do remember one of our very large busted lady posters saying that when she went on tower of terror her boobs flew up on each drop so she couldn't see! That really made me laugh!

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,495 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: seat size

Crush is the worst, rest are fine.

London, United...
Level Contributor
544 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: seat size

I'm a size 24. I went in January and I fit on everything

In all fairness I didn't try orbitron as it looked tiny! But it might be bigger close up

Nothing was even a tight fit really if I'm honest, they are much more generous then our theme parks and the restraints that go over the shoulder don't need to go down far enough to clip into a seatbelt if you know what I mean. So you have more room there.

5. Re: seat size

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2016, 11:00
London, United...
Level Contributor
544 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: seat size

I fit on crush fine aswell I'm a 24 and like 5'1 so short and chunky ;)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
753 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: seat size

Avoid orbitron and the toy story parachute drop as it has moulded seats that are fairly narrow. Space mountain and crush coaster may be a bit of a squash but at least you don't get thrown about as much ! Dumbo is quite narrow for 2 and the spinning cars in the studios is a real squeeze, narrow seats and very little leg room. A lot of the rides have bench style seats with a bar that lowers and locks so you should be fine, if you fit a standard plane seat without an extension you will be fine.

England
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: seat size

Great thankyou. Yes I can fit into an airline seat without an extension although I can't get the tray down due to my chest! Sounds like I will be fine on most things. Thanks for putting my mind to rest.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: seat size

These are some earlier threads

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g226865-i2224-k3…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g2079053-i21935-…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g2079053-i21935-…

You could always send the posters in these threads a private message to ask for more info, if they have not replied here.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
753 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: seat size

Sounds like you'll be fine , don't worry about it just have an amazing time x