We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

disabled entry and carers free DLP

Hemel Hempstead...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
disabled entry and carers free DLP

Can someone advise me if its correct that if you purchase tickets at the gate disabled recieve a reduced rate and carers are free. I am taking my disabled twins in may and myself and dad are their carers.i have dla letters up to date last week and got letter from consultants for each of them.i did email disney but the reply is confusing saying carers not free but in next sentance stating they are???? Confused.one child has mobility issues and both have feeding tubes, no bowel control and behviour issues. .so stressed as budget hols after next operation in april and want to work out costings..I know they can get passes inside but its more cost of entrance for 2 days .....

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: disabled entry and carers free DLP

I too have been told this and would like to know if this is correct. I emailed Disneyland Paris today but their reply told me to refer to their website. The website DOES NOT give ANY information about reduced /free entry for disabled children and a carer - it just gives details about Disabled Priority Cards and Easy Access Passes. Not very helpful! I need to know this information urgently as I do not want to purchase tickets in advance only to find when I get to the Parks that I was entitled to a reduction.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,403 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: disabled entry and carers free DLP

Hi

I'm sure I replied to this so I think this is a duplicate post. As far as I am aware they still give one carer/ assistant/ companion / parent a free park ticket when buying an adult or child ticket for a disabled person at the park entrance.

I think the disabled guest ticket is discounted as well but not certain. I would have to check that.

Unfortunately questions via the Disney website can often just get an automated response do not very helpful. The ticket office in DLP never seem to reply when I phone, it just keeps ringing, but you can try if you like -

0033 164 742 181

Or ask guest relations

0033 164 742 126

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: disabled entry and carers free DLP

Disney got back to me to advise that disabled children are entitled to 10% reduction in the full price of a child's ticket and the carer goes free. You would go free as 1 of the twin's carers and their dad would go free as the 2nd twin's carer.

Make sure you bring your medical evidence with you as the reduced/free entry would only apply to those who get a Priority Card because they have a permanent disability and not to those who qualify for an Easy Access card because they have a temporary disability (like a plaster cast) or a debilitating illness or is an expectant mum.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
287 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: disabled entry and carers free DLP

what about reductions/discounts on annual passes? how would that work?

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: disabled entry and carers free DLP

Note that in many places in France that when requiring reduced or free entry for a carer, this must be written on the documentation supporting the claim - so I would make sure you take something that says the person absolutely requires a carer.

Disabled cards in France have a specific mention that a carer is obligatory [ or does not mention it if a carer is not required]

for example- On french long distance trains , if there is specific mention a carer is required then the carer travels free, but if there is no specific mention on the card or official proof, then the companion discount may only be 50% . The person themselves does not get an automatic discount

6. Re: disabled entry and carers free DLP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2015, 05:16