We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Something for the Grandparents......??

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
229 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Something for the Grandparents......??

Hi

Visiting DLP 3rd week in August. There will be me, hubby and 5yr old son plus my mom and dad. We have been to Orlando a few times but this will be the first time my parents get the Disney experience.

They are in their late 50s and whilst my dad might do a few of the rides with the little one (eg BTM, Dumbo, Buzz Lightyear etc) it is HIGHLY unlikely that my mom will. To be honest, I think they'll both be happy just soaking up the atmosphere and watching our son enjoy himself but I don't want them to miss out.

My question is, do you have suggestions for must see attractions/shows that they could enjoy. So far the only thing on my list so far is the parade as I'm not sure what else there is show wise.

I remember us doing a Monsters Inc comedy show in Florida and Nemo or Little Mermaid (??). Sorry being a bit vague as it was 2012. Does DLP have similar?

We are staying in Val D'Europe and plan to do a day trip to Paris which will probably be more their thing so only need to entertain them for one day at DLP.

Help appreciated.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
5,764 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Something for the Grandparents......??

Hi there

Buffalo Bill Wild West Show?

Sounds like all ages would enjoy it.

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,830 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Something for the Grandparents......??

Hi, there are some great shows over in the Studios park, Animagique and Cinemagique are our favourites. Well worth watching.

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Something for the Grandparents......??

The stunt show in the studios is good I know my dad (in his 60s) would enjoy it. If your mum is anything like mine she will love mooching round the shops there's so much lovely stuff.

If your doing the disney jnr show with your little one maybe not so great for your parents as you sit on the floor. We didn't realise this til we got in. There are seats at the side for those with a disabled pass. I know my mum and dad would have struggled to get back up off the floor after the show but they are older than yours.

The castle is lovely to look round and the dragon.

Also it's a small world is a nice gentle ride me and my mum don't really do rides but we love this one :)

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,510 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Something for the Grandparents......??

Stitch live is a must for all ages. The new ratatoulle ride would be good, I would think. Don't forget about Le Pays de Conte Fees, lovely on a sunny day.

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
927 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Something for the Grandparents......??

Dreams at park closing - I know my parents would love that. Studio Tram Tour? Autopia? Both are pretty gentle rides. My parents would love taking the kids for the character meet and greets too.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Something for the Grandparents......??

My mum is similar age and hates rides in UK but her favourite with daughter and nephew are dumbo, flying carpets, small world, casey jnr, story boats, potc, buzz, the sream train, animagic, stich, Disney jnr - plus the shops, table servuce restraunts and parades. Enjoy x

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,116 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Something for the Grandparents......??

Hi

It will be very busy in August holidays so the more you know about both parks the better, and you need to make dining reservations for buffets or table service for lunch or dinner unless eating in counter service, Annette's diner, planet Hollywood or rainforest cafe.

If you look in our top questions under young children in Disneyland there is a link for a thread about gentle rides / attractions for kids & adults. Cant give link at moment from iPhone. That should give you some ideas. There is also a thread about rides in wet weather.

People get places for parades early in summer holidays if they want a good front row view along the route. Magic on parade usually begins at 7pm. Disney Dreams show on the castle will begin at 11pm and end at 11. 20pm. Stars n cars parade in the studios is usually sometime between 4pm and 5pm.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,116 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Something for the Grandparents......??

Buffalo bills show is in the Disney village so not included in park ticket. You have to buy extra tickets for this dinner show which lasts 90 mins (see top questions). But in summer you will miss DMOP or Dreams if you wanted to see BBWWS as shows are at 18.30 and 21.30.

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
2,374 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Something for the Grandparents......??

If your mother doesnt like bumpy rides, then Slinky dog with her grandson might be what she would like. Its quite mild. Also Buzz, Autopia, the Carousel, Alice in wonderland labyrinth, perhaps Peter Pan, Small world. Then a ride on the steamboat.

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
215 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Something for the Grandparents......??

My mum was 72 when she first experienced Disneyland Paris and to be honest I think she enjoyed as much as my 7 year old! She enjoyed all the rides in fantasyland, pretty much the same as my DD. The three of us are going again in 5 weeks and she's already planning her rides. Everyone is young at heart in Disney!! Enjoy your trip xx