We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report April 22nd 4 Nights

manchester
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Topic
Trip report April 22nd 4 Nights

We travelled on 22nd April for 4 nights. From Manchester , 2 adults and 3 kids, DD 6, DS1 3 and DS2 20 months,.

So we told the kids 2 days before. Did a massive egg hunt on Easter Sunday and it was waiting for them in a box at the end saying going in 2 sleeps. DD nearly had a heart attack but the younger 2 were more interested in chocolate!

Day 1

Got the 6.45 flight from Man, which i wouldnt do again, too early leaving house at 3am we were wiped out!

Arrive at airport and the VEAs were lined up so pretty much straight on and to hotels. Arrived at Cheyenne just in time to see Pluto. DD ran straight over and gave him a massive hug and Hubby realised that all the money spent was worth it!

Told to go back at 3pm for check in. So we dumped bags and walked along the rio grande to the disney lake. Sun was shining and we ate our boots meal deal sandwiches in the sun (kids fed them to the fish!!) while DS2 napped.

We then headed to Disney village planning to go to park but couldnt get the kids past the lego shop so stopped in there.

Arrived at park for first time and totally took my breath away. The flowers are amazing and walking up main st was just fab.

We went up the castle and looked around, went on the carousel and on its a small world. Suzie and Perla were doing a meet and greet but we didnt get back in time.

Headed back to hotel as we were tired and bags were heavy.

Just a note, i emailed ahead for Sitting bull or annie oakley and for a kettle in room. I received back what a thought was a tad rude email saying i had not paid for sitting bull and they would try and do annie oakley subject to availability and the kettle could not be pre booked it was done at check in for 25 euros. The way it was worded was just not good but i brushed it off,

Anyway when we checked in we were told to go back later for a kettle not sure why. I had been given Doc holliday. When i asked about the requested they shrugged.

It ended up that this was better for us as we didnt actually use the shuttle that much we walked. We also had no toilettries in our room the whole stay.

It didnt bother me but just thought id mention this.

Anyway, had a shower kids napped and headed back out. Had plaza gardens booked for 6.30. Have to say i thought the food was fab. The kids ate lots and we used the half board std vouchers but were told we didnt have to pay for our extra drinks at the end. We went straght back to the hotel to bed as it had been a long day.

manchester
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report April 22nd 4 Nights

Day 2.

Was planning on doing EMH but didnt end up and sorting the tribe and all our stuff out til 8.45. By this time breakfast was rammed so Hubby queued while we met Goofy.

Ended up leaving hotel for 9.,15 so decided to wait at Studios doors and go in there instead!

We got in at 9.30 and had a quick pic with Mike. DS1 saw the cars ride so we were first on there at 10am. Did this twice then went on to Slinky dog, no queue, and Hubby did RC racer. It was getting quite busy by then so we walked back to Disney Park in time to see the spring dance at bottom of main st and then the one by the castle. Amazing. Had some dinner and went back for a nap as the day before was catching up on us.

Went back out in time to see parade. Kids were amazed at Elsa and Anna.

We had booked Agrabah for 6.30 but went straight there at 6.10 and it was lovely and quite. Food was nice but not too great for the kids. They didnt eat much.

It ended up that we discovered after 7pm was actually the best time for us to do the rides. Kids were refreshed. We eneded up doing Alladin walk thru, robinson tree, hooks ship, pirates of caribbean, snow white, pinnocio, all by 9pm.

We got some drinks and settled at front to watch Dreams. Amazing. I cried at the Rapunzel bit. Getting out after was a nightmare haha. Fabulous day.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report April 22nd 4 Nights

Great start

Have to save I love Cheyenne we have stayed there 5 times,but the last time we did find it basic .

No shower gel nothing ?

manchester
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report April 22nd 4 Nights

Day 3.

Somehow managed to dragged the kids up for EMH at the right time. Breakfast was 7.10 today and miles less stressful.

Walked over to park for 8.15 and did dumbo, teacups, carousel, peter pan, buzz and orbitron all before 10am. Hubby did space mountain and then we went over to see the dragon under the castle. By this point the kids were getting tired so we took them to world of disney and spent too much.

We had dinner booked for 12pm in cafe mickey.

Couldnt believe the amount of people they were turning away as they hadnt booked, all dressed up and children crying :-(

We met Mickey, Pluto, Eyore, Goofy and Tigger. The rabbit from Alice in Wonderland was there but didnt come round to us. We took everyones advice and ordered 2 pizza, garlic bread chips and 5 drinks and a jug of water and it came to 72euros.

Walked back to hotel for sleep and went back out to studios at 5.

Used our tea time treat but found it was a bad time to go to studios as all the rides had a big wait time. So plodded back to Disney Park. Went on the train round park as the parade was on so it was quiet.

The kids ended up calling it the boring train for the rest of the stay!!

We walked up and did the maze. DS2 decided he needed a wee half way round so we ended up rushing. Walked past Princess pavilion to toilet and Belle walked past us so DD was amazed and really excited.

We booked Santa Fe for 8.30 and the food in there was amazing. Something for everyone and kids loved that there was a play bit next to table so we enjoyed our pudding in peace!!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report April 22nd 4 Nights

Just read your day 2 cried at the tangled bit too !!

I now have that sound track along with the frozen one on in my car on my way to work no kids lol

Sound like you had a great time x

Edited: 28 April 2014, 20:10
Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,790 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report April 22nd 4 Nights

Sounds like a lovely time so far, you should have had small bottles of toiletries in your hotel room though.

Looking forward to more!

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report April 22nd 4 Nights

Really enjoying this! I think we all cry at the Tangled bit!

manchester
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report April 22nd 4 Nights

Day 4

Let the kids sleep in til 8.30 so they had a big sleep.

Skipped the long breakfast queue and went to Mcdonalds! Ha. i sent hubby to train station for some drinks while we walked down to studios ready for doors to open. The cast members came out and asked if we would like to open the park that day but hubby was back in time. Gutted. So not sure what that was about but try to get to studios at 9.20 and they may ask you. Ha. All went on paracutes, DS1 and DS2 were traumatised but at least it was done haha. We had a pic with buzz and then Dd amazed us by going on tower of terror!!

Walked to the front for 12pm and all the characters were out signing autographs but queues were massive. Cast members told us they would be back out at 1 so we grabbed some lunch and went back out for one. Queues were still that big that DD only met Ariel but she was mad eup. Hubby queued for woody with the boys but they went before he got to them :-(

Saw the stars and cars at 2,15 and the kids got a lot of attention as they were dressed up. Big tip, characters love it.

It started to rain so we did a little shopping in the village and the went back while kids slept and we packed.

Got back out and wathed the parade again. another tip. We got to park for 17.25 and no one was stood in front of the doors to the main st vehicles but i asked the cast member and he said it was ok so we got a really good view.

Had billy bobs booked for 6.30 but again went at 6.10 and it was very quiet. Food was same as santa fe but luckily we loved it so didnt mind. Even the cakes were the same!

Headed back out planning to do big thunder but the queue was 50 mins so went over to haunted mansion. No queue and just walked on, this was 8pm. Then went back to check on bug thunder and it had gone to 5 mins! DD1 cried as he was just a little short and couldnt get on so the cast gave him a lovely certificate to show next time at exit.

Used baby switch and DD rode 4 times 2 with each of us as there was hardly a queue.

Did a little shopping on main st and watched dream from the enterance near city hall which was actually a really good view and ment it didnt take you an hour to get out of the park after!!

Amazing day.

manchester
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip report April 22nd 4 Nights

Day 5

Put the kids to bed in the next days clothes so we could let them sleep longer! We packed and put the cases at reception!

Dragged them up at 7am went went straight for breakfast!! Queue was already big which was surprising but it was 26th and pretty sure i read the french holidays started then on here?

Walked to park for EMH. Did every ride open again!! Hubby did space mountain 3 times and i did it once but hated it.

It was raining by this point. Only rained twice the whole time.

DD really wanted to meet rapunzel so we decided i would do this while boys went for a walk with dad then we would leave.

Be warned it is long. She was due on at 11.30. We queued from 10.30 and was the last to see her at 12.15. There were a lot of people with passes stood on the other side of the queue so it took ages and we were soaked. DD was happy so it was worth it. It states on programme 11.30 to 12.15 but she actually comes back out 12,30 til 1pm too. But be in queue early.

We then left park and had earl of sandwich which was lovely. 40 euros for 2 adult and 3 kids meals.

Had planned to get 2.15 VEA for flight at 18.20 but as it were wet we left the park earlier than planned so got the 1.15. Turned out it was a good job we did as we checked in and just before we got to passport control there was a bomb scare and they evacuated the airport for over an hour!!

Enjoyed every second. Hard with 3 little uns but so worth it. Thanks to every one on here i couldnt have done so much without u all.

We ended up missing casey jr and the river boat and the thunder boat too so need to go back haha. We wanted to do this and also dance with jake and sofia at disney jr but ran out of time.

I wouldve also liked to do the princess lunch and pavillion so maybe next time.

Have to say i didnt really get why people on here went back so many times but i soooo get it now!!!

Luckily hubby has totally caught the disney bug. We said we wouldnt go back for a few years before we went but now im already trying to price up feb 2015 but it wont work!!! xx

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip report April 22nd 4 Nights

Great your hubby been bitten, I've been 10 times and my oh only just came with us in our last trip he know only gets why Iove it' so much and is going back next year.

You have plenty to return for.

Fab tr x

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
52,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip report April 22nd 4 Nights

Hi Litton, glad you enjoyed your trip. Doc Holliday is a good position block as well, so no real matter you didn't get sitting bull or Annie Oakley. You should have had the small bottles of shampoo & shower gel, and packets of soap.

Interesting that you found la cantina buffet (Santa Fe) the same as La Grange in billy bobs. I have not eaten in la cantina but I do quite like la grange. I didn't realise those two buffets we're so similar.

Good to know that Rapunzel came out again - but still only for another 30 mins. What a long queue!

Very sad when children are upset when turned away from cafe Mickey and other character restaurants because parents did not make a dining reservation.

Good to hear you are planning a return trip!