We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Train Station to Hotel New York - Directions Please

London, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Disney Train Station to Hotel New York - Directions Please

Hi all,

We haven't book the disney express and think it'll be easier for us (as with cases and buggies) walking to our hotel once off the train. I know it's a short walk, but just wondered what direction do I head in once outside the station? Didn't want to end up walking the long way round! Also, where are the lifts located at the train station to get to the main exit from the platform?

Thank you in advance

Hx

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
241 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Train Station to Hotel New York - Directions Please

Can't remember exactly but think lifts are obvious on platform? Someone else may no more exactly. To get to New York you can do one of two things. either get free shuttle bus outside main entrance to station which is split up for eacjv hotel, or (what I reckons easier as bus can be packed) go out the station and when you see disney village (can't miss it) head towards that. It's outside one of the smaller exits and if you leave through main entrance you urn right. Then you go through main gates and left in to/through disney village. Left again at the big balloon and through a little security gate and you are at New York! It's so close. You can see it from station. Xx

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
241 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Train Station to Hotel New York - Directions Please

Ps although you can see it from station I dunno if you can walk at it round the road. I've only ever done it through village. Also builds up atmosphere through village when going for the first time. Someone may know if round the road is possible. :) hope this helps x

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Train Station to Hotel New York - Directions Please

I think it would be less stressful to walk, depending on the time of your arrival. The shuttle buses are easy to find, each hotel has a designated stop and they're clearly labelled.

It would probably take as long either way you decide. Head straight for disney village and enjoy the sights as you head towards lake disney, walk down the left side of lake disney, past cafe Mickey. There are signposts too in case you get muddled :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Train Station to Hotel New York - Directions Please

Thank you so much.

Yes, would love the feeling of walking through the village as soon as we arrive, although I'll be skipping with excitement I think. Hx

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney Train Station to Hotel New York - Directions Please

We did this on our last trip lifts are easy to find follow the crowd.

When you come out of the station you can not go thought the main gates into the disney village they are one only for leaving the village.

You need to be on the right as if you where heading into the park they have to X-Ray your luggage before you can enter the village.

Hope this makes sense

UK
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney Train Station to Hotel New York - Directions Please

This really confused us when we arrived. I think its worth emphasising to first time visitors: You have to go through the security post to enter/walk through the village. I'd not been before and I thought that queue was for the actual main park so was really flummoxed about how to walk to the hotel.

So, yeah, go through the xray thing then hike a left and it all becomes clear! HNY is the first hotel you come to on the lake.

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney Train Station to Hotel New York - Directions Please

It's a good point, we got seriously lost on our first trip when we stayed at the HNY. Not helped by the fact that DH and I wanted to go in completely different directions!

London, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney Train Station to Hotel New York - Directions Please

Thank you all so much x

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney Train Station to Hotel New York - Directions Please

Oh flip I forgot about the security bag searching entrance!! Sorry!!

10. Re: Disney Train Station to Hotel New York - Directions Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics