We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How does Disneyland Paris compare to Portaventura

Inverness, United...
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
2,155 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
How does Disneyland Paris compare to Portaventura

We have been to Portaventura many times and still enjoy going but thinking about booking a trip to Disneyland Paris and just wondered how they compare. Has anybody been to both places? Which do you prefer?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,159 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How does Disneyland Paris compare to Portaventura

I prefer Disneyland been to port adventura lots of times and I do like the water rides and Dragon Khan but I find it all rushed whereas at Disney theirs more than rides the shows history parades and fireworks I also find the rides at Disney more laid back and relaxed

scotland
Level Contributor
125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How does Disneyland Paris compare to Portaventura

I've been to both but disneyland was 20 yrs ago taking my ds to disneyland this year which I think will be amazing for me ( big disney fan) and ds who will be 5, portaventurer has more thrill rides and better for people that like rides and that aren't as interested in theming, I love how disney has so much to look at it doesn't matter if your on a ride or not, I will go back to both I'm sure many times think it depends on what you want and who's going on the holiday

uk
Level Contributor
560 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How does Disneyland Paris compare to Portaventura

I love both, but I think disneyparis wins the prize for me. Just so magical , and emotive. X

Inverness, United...
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
2,155 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How does Disneyland Paris compare to Portaventura

I absolutely love Portaventura, hate big thrill rides but live all the shows that is on offer. Sounds like a trip to Disney is long overdue.

When we go to Portaventura we get the 3 day 2 park tickets. How long should one allow to see Disney without rushing?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How does Disneyland Paris compare to Portaventura

I have been to both and Disneyland wins hands down due it's theming, facilities and the pace. You just cannot get bored there. I do love the big thrill rides but Disney can still accomadate thrill seekers. I do love PA but it isn't a patch on DLP.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How does Disneyland Paris compare to Portaventura

I went to portaventura a couple of years ago and it was great :) the rides are much more intense and the water park was a lot of fun. However the theming at Disney is amazing and there's more little things to do here and there. Plus Dreams is worth going to Disneyland for. You feel like you're in a bubble at Disney which really adds to the trip on my opinion.

Depending on the time of year, 3 days is probably about right, more if possible.

7. Re: How does Disneyland Paris compare to Portaventura

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics