We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

11 sleeps to go, do I have everything covered??

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
179 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
11 sleeps to go, do I have everything covered??

Good evening

So, it's only 11 sleeps to go until our DLP trip., eek!!

I booked it in January and have managed to keep this trip a surprise from dd's who is 7 on Thursday and dd2 who will turn 5 whilst were there.

They have always known of our trips so this is their first trip as a surprise.

I just wondered if I have everything sorted...

Ok flights booked

Hotel booked

Taxi booked at cdg

Travel insurance sorted

Airport parking sorted

ADR sorted

Birthday cake to be given at cafe mickey ordered

Other than pack, change cash am I missing anything?

I have that feeling that I am?

Is it worth requesting a particular room at the cheyenne?

Is it worth letting them know dd2 is celebrating her birthday?

Also would you recommend anything to make this a magical trip?

I'm thinks perhaps the balloon ride or the princess makeover or jut something different?

My head seems to be full with dd2 frozen party ideas this Thurs, dd2 birthday, dlp trip and I have a dissertation proposal due in Monday at uni!

Overload!!!

Brierley, United...
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 11 sleeps to go, do I have everything covered??

Sounds to me like you've got things covered!! :-)

I would say though, do you definitely need to change cash? You get a better exchange rate if you pay by card/withdraw at ATM over there, although best tell your bank first.

Not long now!!!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 11 sleeps to go, do I have everything covered??

Passports

European health insurance cards

Medicines - no pharmacy on site

Juice pod - new handbag size pods of concentrated juice, handy for keeping costs down

Just a few things I can think of off the top of my head. Good luck with the dissertation and have a great trip :)

Brierley, United...
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 11 sleeps to go, do I have everything covered??

Those juice pods are fab! Perfectly handbag sized too!!

I assumed you would already have passports on your list, pretty important. And not expired (as our children's were last July, oops! That was fun trying to get back into England lol!)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 11 sleeps to go, do I have everything covered??

Had to mention the passports and EHIC as thats what I'd be likely likely to forget what with all the other important Disney details to think about lol x

Ohh Cherry I bet that was worrying.... Mind if they wouldn't let you back into England you would have just had to return to Disney ;)

Brierley, United...
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 11 sleeps to go, do I have everything covered??

Well that's what I was secretly hoping of course! ;-)

In all seriousness, we were worrying. We were in the queue for the return eurotunnel when we realised... We expected a hefty on the spot fine or something but no, just a few questions really and waved on our way. The did take the kids passports to the office for inspection though and kept us parked up and waiting.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 11 sleeps to go, do I have everything covered??

Eee that was lucky, I would have been beside myself too. A good reminder for people to check their expiry date - something else I wouldn't give a thought too when doing the all important Disney planning!

Brierley, United...
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 11 sleeps to go, do I have everything covered??

Yes definitely. We hadn't really needed our passports at all, only at the ap office in disneyland and we didn't even realise then, and neither did they for that meter or I'm sure they would have said.

I didn't forget this time lol! Mine and ds2's expire next in 2017 so I've got some time lol x

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 11 sleeps to go, do I have everything covered??

....Just added AP's to my packing list! See what I mean, I've got a Minnie dress, Mickey Tshirts etc etc packed and ready to go (well thrown in the suitcase waiting to be packed properly!) and I hadn't given a thought to the AP's... !!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 11 sleeps to go, do I have everything covered??

Laura just adding this thread for you so you can read about the different blocks at the Cheyenne :)

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g2079053-i21935-…

Brierley, United...
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 11 sleeps to go, do I have everything covered??

Oh dear, thank goodness for this thread! You'd have been scuppered without those! Although I'm sure you would have realised before you set off :)

Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics