We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toll roads?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Toll roads?

Hi was just wondering how much the toll roads are from Calais to disney. This may sound stupid but do you have to be quick as in have your money ready, the right money? Thanks Amy

England, U.K
Level Contributor
627 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toll roads?

Tolls are around 22 euros. The attended booths do give change but it is best to have the money ready to speed the process up. Just make sure you pull up to one with a picture of coins above it if you are paying in cash.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Toll roads?

Hi thanks, I have €22 in a money bag ready, does it matter if it's in change. Thanks Amy

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
27,748 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toll roads?

You can also use a credit card. If you use the booths with CB over them (there's a man holding a card with CB written on it) then the passenger (because of the different side of the road) can input the card. This can be a lot faster and a lot easier than carrying around change.

As far as I remember there are a couple of different tolls on that road. So you won't be giving in the €22 all at once.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Toll roads?

I don't have a credit card but can you pay with a visa debit card. The only reason I was going to do change was because I had a load of 10c & 5c left over from last years holiday abroad. Just to get rid of them really. Thanks Amy

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
27,748 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Toll roads?

I think you can pay with a Visa Debit card - they now have a lot of similar features.

With regards to paying by cash - I don't think all pay machines take copper. The 10c will be fine. But use up as much of the money as you can. I'm sure the manned booths will take the 5c.

I've just checked www.viamichelin.com and there is just one toll booth at Chamant/Roissy/Paris: Toll: 21.70 EUR

Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
6,748 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Toll roads?

I am doubtful whether the toll booths take DEBIT cards. I now use the télépéage lane, but the last time that I used a credit card there was certainly a sign which read "PAS DE (not) MAESTRO" and debit cards work in a different way to credit cards. However it is possible that they will accept VISA debit cards.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
27,748 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Toll roads?

Becasse, I was told that my VISA Debit card has all the attributes of a credit card bar the credit facility. I use it interchangeably when paying on-line. The only difference is that I don't incur a charge for the debit card when there is sometimes a charge for the credit card.

I've taken this from a web page:

In many countries the Visa Debit functionality has been added to existing ATM cards to allow customers to use the card for internet and point of sales transactions.

We'll be in France on the 23rd of next month so I'm going to have to try it out!!

uk
Level Contributor
836 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Toll roads?

For people that are I travelling throughout France it might be worth using the sanef toll device that fits in your car. It's going to be more costly but I think I may get one this year as we are travelling quite a bit, and it means we can drive straight through and be debited once back in the uk.

Worth a thought maybe for some people.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
27,748 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Toll roads?

Darcie, we drive quite a bit in France. I can't remember how far we drove last year (but it was from Cherbourg to Frejus and back up to Calais over the space of 3 weeks with a number of stops in between - doing the same again in 6 weeks time) and we will regularly clock up over 3,000 miles when there. But we always pay either by cash or by credit card. Because the tolls mount up, I'd prefer not to have one more bill waiting for me at home.

St Andrews, United...
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Toll roads?

For most banks a Debit card is not by maestro so should in theory be ok as my credit card is visa that provide it, and obviously it's visa for uk banks debit cards.

Maestro is through mastercard (what we'd refer to as switch i think) but ran through your bank... but as I said if based in the UK you're most likely to have plain old visa debit.

So yes to sum up, if a standard visa debit should be ok.

Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics