We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How accurate is the app?

Germany
Level Contributor
166 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
How accurate is the app?

getting very excited! we will we at DLP next sunday! So I’ve downloaded the DLP app and its very handy…it gives you the que waiting times. Has anyone used this and has it been accurate? Or have you gone to a ‘5min que’ on the app to find you waited 45 mins?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How accurate is the app?

Hi, we used it in December and found it to be very accurate. This was when the parks were relatively quiet so not sure how well it works when they're busier.

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
116 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How accurate is the app?

We didn't use the app, but we found the boards at the rides massively inaccurate! We joined queues that said 5 mins quite a few times only to queue for 20 mins plus.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How accurate is the app?

The boards drive me nuts! The one and only time we braved the Princess Pavillion it said 30 minutes. Two hours later...

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How accurate is the app?

I uses to work in a theme park for many years (a very long time ago) but the boards are monitored by staff and they have fixed points on the queues where they will estimate the wait time. However the wait times do not include stoppages, disabled guests getting on and off and any breakdowns. Also they guess based on the number of guests on park.

I can see why they never seem accurate.

I think the apps have a lot more data to go off to make an estimate these days.

Germany
Level Contributor
166 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How accurate is the app?

Thank you all for the replies. I will give the app a go but not too much don't want a massive phone bill when I return for roaming charges!

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How accurate is the app?

We always use the ap and in my experience it is very accurate. We have used it in quiet and busy times with success. I have also found it to be accurate if a ride is temporarily down which is great as it saves you walking to rides just to find them out of action.

Ireland
Level Contributor
436 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How accurate is the app?

Can I ask which app it is? There's a few different ones if you google / go to App Store

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How accurate is the app?

the official dlp one is the best and most accurate in my experience

9. Re: How accurate is the app?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2015, 05:17