We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

adding an extra night in a different hotel to extend our sta

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Topic
adding an extra night in a different hotel to extend our sta

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me.

We're off to dlp in January, staying at a disney hotel from Monday to Friday. However, we aren't really keen that we lose half a day as the earliest eurostar we can get won't get us there until around 1pm at the earliest. Especially now that it's been confirmed there will be no direct eurostar running then. It takes us a good 2 and a half hours to get to St Pancras so we can't get there in time to catch any of the really early eurostar trains to paris.

So I've been thinking, and have had the idea of travelling by eurostar indirect to disney on the Sunday and staying in a different hotel for one night.I have heard a lot about the Kyriad, has anyone stayed here before, and what was it like for one night? Is it literally on disneys doorstep? I can't find prices as it's too far in advance to book, is there anyone that has stayed for just one night and can tell me roughly how much it was? We're a party of 3, all adults, if that helps.

Are there any other cheap nearby hotels that anyone can recommend

thank you in advance!

Shannon, Ireland
Level Contributor
532 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: adding an extra night in a different hotel to extend our sta

Hi

Hope you have a fab trip.

I stayed in the Kyriad for one night in april before transferring to the DLH for 4 nights. It was grand for one night, we had a double bed and a bunk bed in the room, nicely laid out but basic. My niece actually preferred this room to the DLH one. Elevators are tiny though, only fit one bag and buggy in it with me. :D

You need to get a shuttle bus to the park but it is regular and free. We went to the village the day we arrived for food and going there was no bother, takes maybe 5 to 10 minutes, not long at all. On the way back it was packed. We skipped the first bus that was just about to take off because there was no way we would fit in there with two buggies.

The next day was grand with bags, no problems.

If you want somewhere to lay your head for a night then it is grand. Would recommend it if you can get a good price. I paid 90 euro for a room for 2 adults, 2 kids no breakfast. Best rate I could find in anywhere close at the time but I have heard of people getting better rates including breakfast so you might be lucky.

If you need to know anything else just let me know

Lancashire
Level Contributor
688 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: adding an extra night in a different hotel to extend our sta

We have booked 1 night either side of our sequoia lodge at the kyriad. Got it for around £90 incl breakfast for 4 of us per night. 1 extra at sequoia was over £400 so we are happy. Not stayed here before, reviews seem mixed but for 2 nights extra at the magic it's well worth it.

We plan to be at sequoia lodge for around 8am checkin day for max park use!

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
5,764 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: adding an extra night in a different hotel to extend our sta

Hi there

It does seem to get mixed reviews. I put in a date for a Sunday next January 3 adults and it is 95 euro.

Edited: 16 May 2014, 12:45
Level Contributor
366 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: adding an extra night in a different hotel to extend our sta

Hi, we always tend to do this in fact we are staying an extra 2 nights in the summer. We always stay in the explorer as that suits us better so I can't really help with the Kyriad. We find it fine transferring our luggage the next say after breakfast though an checking in to next hotel.

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: adding an extra night in a different hotel to extend our sta

Thank you so much for all your replies, very helpful! We will definitely be booking an extra night, seems like the best way to enjoy the magic for longer at a good price!

The shuttle bus doesn't seem too bad, glad that we will be able to visit the village the night before we book into our Disney Hotel.

DislodgedLemon - I can't seem to get the website to accept dates after November this year, what website have you used, would be great to see prices and stuff now. Thank you!

I will check out the Explorers Hotel, infact will probably have a quick look at all of the local ones before making a final decision.

Once again, thank you very much for all your help

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
5,764 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: adding an extra night in a different hotel to extend our sta

Pretty sure it was their own site. Show a few if their hotels and picked the Disney one. There are some good reviews on the hotels at val d Europe. We are booking the elysee just opposite the shopping mall and very close to train. Nothing past December yet though so cant book yet. Told me would be able to by last week!! Still waiting.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
5,764 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: adding an extra night in a different hotel to extend our sta

We are doing the night before and after to get 5 full days unlike the 3 and a bit last time

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
5,764 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: adding an extra night in a different hotel to extend our sta

What dates? I put in Sun 25th Jan 1 night on booking.com for 3 adults and it comes up at £50 with breakfast

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
5,764 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: adding an extra night in a different hotel to extend our sta

Sorry £65 with breakfast £50 without

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply