We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adding people to rooms

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Topic
Adding people to rooms

I've seen on here before of people booking a room then adding people on does this work out cheaper

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adding people to rooms

If you have a AP you don't need the park ticket.

You can be added to the room and pay tax of a couple of euros a night.

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,790 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adding people to rooms

Hi 03princess, if you have annual passes then this is certainly the cheapest way to book. In February we stayed at the DLH for four nights (it was an amazing offer!) and as we have APs I booked for myself (under 12s were free anyway) but didn't add my dh until we arrived. I had emailed them a few days in advance to say we would be doing this so they could prepare his fast passes in advance. So essentially he got free room AND free DLH breakfast each day.

But, as the first adult on a booking pays a premium, the second adult would only have been an extra £100 anyway (still £100 I saved!) so the more of you staying in the same room with an ap the better value it works out to be. You normally have to pay city tax for each adult which is less than 2€ per night! but we weren't charged for that for some reason.

Edited: 20 May 2014, 20:25
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adding people to rooms

Just to add having a Ap also gives great discounts in restos and shops to

dlrpmagic.com/planning/…

Try doing a dummy booking with one less person then look at what you are saving to see if it's worth getting a AP

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,790 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adding people to rooms

I suppose that, if you booked for one adult (the room must have enough bed space for all of you) and managed to buy cheap park tickets online, then you could do the same thing. You'd have to work out which would be cheaper, paying for hotel for one person and buying park tickets for everyone else, or just booking the package for all of you.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adding people to rooms

I wasn't sure on the tax jo

I read some many things some get charged some don't very confusing ;)

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,790 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adding people to rooms

It is confusing! As usual, it's Disney being inconsistent!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Adding people to rooms

Omg yeah very confusing lol. I do dummy booking all the time but never thought to try without adult then adding in when there.

8. Re: Adding people to rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2015, 07:16