We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rides for a mammy that don't like rides

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Rides for a mammy that don't like rides

This time tomorrow we'll be en route to the magic eek, excited muchly!! I'm all packed and ready to go so just looking into what rides to brave with little legs (almost 2) and ds.

I'll do IASW and I'm going to try the teacups (woohoo big moment!) just wondering what else is a safe bet? I'm not a lover of rides but I definitely don't like anything that makes your belly turn/drop - if that makes sense? I've had a look at threads about rides for little ones but I'm such a wuss that a bubba would probably love rides that I wouldn't dream of going on lol... Like POTC... I don't do 'drops'

I was looking at Buzz last night on you tube, that looks gentle enough... Is it? I've read it's a spinny ride but it looked like it just went slowly round the track.... I don't want no surprises lol. Any advice welcome :)

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rides for a mammy that don't like rides

Buzz, should be fine as you can largely control the spinning. You might find teacups a bit too spinny...

You could try Pinnochio and Storybook Boats.

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,830 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rides for a mammy that don't like rides

Hi Twinkle, this trip has come around quickly!

How about Dumbo, although it goes up and down, you control the height so you go as high or as low as you like.

Barnstaple, United...
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rides for a mammy that don't like rides

I will have to do big rides this year with DD2 as DH can't do them but I would rather do a fast loop ride than the teacups! I am not a fan of spins - Dumbo would be good and I think flying carpets was the same.

Barnstaple, United...
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rides for a mammy that don't like rides

p.s. Have a good time

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rides for a mammy that don't like rides

And do NOT go near Orbitron!

Netherlands
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rides for a mammy that don't like rides

Phantom Manor is a gentle ride.

This might not be under the kiddies rides because of the darkness/theme, but as rides go it's very smooth, with no drops etc.

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
929 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Rides for a mammy that don't like rides

Not rides, but the walk throughs are nice - Nautilus, Aladdin, Alice's Labyrinth were all good fun. Exploring the pirate ship and play area and Pocahontas play area is also good fun.

We had fun on Autopia (not sure if Little Legs would be tall enough) which was pretty tame. The carousel?

If you manage Teacups, do not be fooled into trying Cars in the Studios, which looks similar but is sooooooooo not similar! X

Netherlands
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Rides for a mammy that don't like rides

Also, Buzz should be just fine.

Personally I think the Pinnochio ride is a bit jerky (not for your stomach, but for your back).

I don't think the drops in Pirates of the Carribean are that bad, but your mileage may vary.

The Peter Pan ride is quite smooth as well, but there is a slowish drop (and it's quite dark).

Barnstaple, United...
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rides for a mammy that don't like rides

Is cars fast and spinning then?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rides for a mammy that don't like rides

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm so sad! I did used to like rides - honest! In later years it's was just fast and low rides as I became scared of heights but last year was just plain embarrassing when I had to get the twister stopped so I could get off!

Ahh I had a look at the storybook boats - I took my late nanna on them, I have a lovely photo of her and the CM - 80 year old and she was nigh on chatting him up! Lol. We'll go on them for reminiscing purposes :)

May well give Dumb/flying carpets a blast too... (Without going high!) Buzz is on the list too! Ooh I feel very adventurous lol ;)

I don't think I mind spinny rides so long as it's not the twister/waltzer type spin with that bit of gforce where it spins so fast... Are the teacups/carousel/slinky like that?

It has come around quick hasn't it. It's only 10 weeks and we are back there again... Not sure when I'll manage go return as my finances are all disney'd out so need to make the most of it!

Thanks busnae :)