We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DLP mail ordering advice needed please

london
Level Contributor
390 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
DLP mail ordering advice needed please

So today DD found out we are going back to Dlp in february, straight away she was online looking at trading pins (she is a massive pin fan) and feel in love with the olaf dreams pin.

I really want to get her it but as its come out this month it will most definitely be gone by february.

I looked on dedicated to dlp at the pin and there was an email address to order from dlp. Has anyone ever been able to place an order in the UK or is this only available to residents in France.

Sorry for rambling on or this not making sense, as its confusing me too :(

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DLP mail ordering advice needed please

Hi, I've used the mail order service to order a Peter Pan playset. Worked well and it arrived quite quickly.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,514 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DLP mail ordering advice needed please

Hi,

If I see the Olaf dreams pin next week I can get one for you.

london
Level Contributor
390 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DLP mail ordering advice needed please

Oh yes please Figgy, that would be great :)

My DD still loves the Rapunzel one you got her last year.

Glad to see your well again Figgy, I hope you have a lovely trip :)

london
Level Contributor
390 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DLP mail ordering advice needed please

I emailed the ordering service to order a minnie silhouette pin trading bag for DD's birthday and I received an email back this morning saying its in stock :) but its asking for credit card details within the email!?!

Do I just reply with my card details or do they send an invoice???

Plus I don't have a credit card just a debit card, will this be ok to use??

5. Re: DLP mail ordering advice needed please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2017, 15:00
New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,514 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DLP mail ordering advice needed please

Hi,

There is always some risk when you are giving details of bank or credit cards by email for payment, but the same applies to over the phone as well, and I often do that when buying things in the UK, or paying for take-away deliveries.

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: DLP mail ordering advice needed please

Never email card details to anybody if you can avoid it. Email is not a secure medium and can be intercepted. If you can find a way to send the information in an encrypted that would be better.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
5,761 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: DLP mail ordering advice needed please

Hi there

When I have emailed my card details. Which I do from time to time. I do it over two emails, with half the info in each. If both emails get intercepted then unlucky me😒 Never had a problem. These have been to hotels.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: DLP mail ordering advice needed please

Emails are much more open to interception than a phone call so not really comparable, email is a much riskier proposition. I wouldn't do it if at all possible but if it's the only option then I would follow Dislodged's suggestion.

10. Re: DLP mail ordering advice needed please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2015, 05:15