We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney hotel - worth the extra money?

Level Contributor
80 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Disney hotel - worth the extra money?

Hi,

I'm looking to book disneyland paris for the first time and wondered whether anyone could give me any advice on the disney hotel. Is it worth the extra money?

Thanks

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney hotel - worth the extra money?

I always struggle with this question! We've stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and have a third stay booked for this December. We really love the hotel and have always experienced very good service. For access to the parks, the location is fantastic.

We've always had lovely rooms and the public areas are beautiful. The hotel has quite a princessy feel and our young daughter loves it; as we visit for her birthday then the price tag feels worth it to us. Is it worth it in real terms? I'm not so sure. It's five star by Disney standards but no I don't feel it's five star by real world standards. Still, if you want a taste of luxury at DLP, this is the place to find it.

One important thing to note is that with the exception of Castle Club, characters will no longer be available for meet and greets in the hotel from November.

Ireland
Level Contributor
451 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney hotel - worth the extra money?

It's fabulous. We stayed once and loved it. On our last trip we went to cafe fantasia for an hour and it was bliss. Really wished I was staying!

Shannon, Ireland
Level Contributor
532 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney hotel - worth the extra money?

I stayed there last April for my first trip. It was lovely, really atmospheric and the location cannot be beat but it is a hefty price tag along with it. I am really glad I done it but I don't think I would stay again. Though I don't regret staying at all, fills me with pink bubbles just thinking about it. But been there done that, I can tick it off the list. I think next time I will stay in one of the cheaper hotels and use the extra money to pay for more character meals, souvenirs etc.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,822 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney hotel - worth the extra money?

Last week my legs and feet wouldv'e thought it worth all tea in china to be only walking that far.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney hotel - worth the extra money?

LOL Caroline, that's the thing, now we've stayed there I think my feet would really resent having to walk past it on a cold December night!

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,830 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney hotel - worth the extra money?

We loved our stay in Feb and will, hopefully get to stay there again (once we've tried all the other hotels out!) but will save it for super saver season when it's much more affordable.

Not sure I'll be thrilled to walk right passed it next month en route to the Cheyenne!

London, UK
Level Contributor
937 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney hotel - worth the extra money?

I have only stayed in DLH once, with my parents when I was about 12. I am likely remembering it through rose-tinted children's specs but it was amazing! If I could afford it that's where I'd stay every time, it really is a magical experience. And like others have said the location can't be beaten!

As Lelly has said- no it's not worth the money in terms of the real world. But Disney isn't the real world, I think people need to leave their real world expectations at the door!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney hotel - worth the extra money?

Exactly! If someone is hoping for a Ritz/Savoy/Claridges experience then they'll be disappointed but that's not to say that it's not a magical place to stay. One whiff of the lobby and I'm blissed out!

St Andrews, United...
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney hotel - worth the extra money?

If I could justify the expense to my OH I'd stay as it's an amazing location however the other hotels are lovely.

Sequoia lodge is a nice building at less than half the price and passing it on the bus I thought wow. HNY for about half the price but does need a refurb... But then in disneyland its holiday time, if you can afford to why not? :)

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney hotel - worth the extra money?

If you're looking for a freshly refurbished hotel then your options are the Sante Fe or Sequoia Lodge. The Newport Bay is currently in the midst of it's refurb and the Cheyenne, Hotel New York and Disneyland Hotel have yet to be done.

Saying that, the rooms we've had in the New York and DLH have been in really good condition.