We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Castle Club With Disabled Daughter Is It Worth The £

Gainsborough...
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Topic
Booking Castle Club With Disabled Daughter Is It Worth The £

Hi,

We are in the process of booking Disneyland Paris for September and wondered if anyone could advise us as to whether the Castle Club was worth the extra £2000 they are asking?

Having two daughters (10 & 5) and our 5 year old disabled (wheelchair bound for mobility, unable to walk) we thought the privacy and the reduced queuing for both rides and breakfast would mean that we would experience less stress during our 4 night stay.

I've read some stories about the breakfast queue being quite an issue and the Castle Club seems to offer a more refined experience but there is still the matter of £2000

We would gladly pay it, if it was worthwhile and thought we would come on here to ask for some advice.

Many Thanks

Phill

South Devon, United...
Level Contributor
3,656 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Castle Club With Disabled Daughter Is It Worth The £

In regards to your daughter's mobility, all you need to do is take your blue badge to guest relations in the park and you will get can easy access pass. This will allow priority seating for the parades and dreams, and for meeting characters. She can also access certain rides, like the train and a couple others with disabled spaces for wheelchairs.

You will be entitled to this, whether you are in castle club or Santa fe.

I will leave the debate regarding castle club to others with the experience to help you.

It sounds amazing to me, but as you say, £2000!

Good luck planning x

UK
Level Contributor
253 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Castle Club With Disabled Daughter Is It Worth The £

It's hard to advise someone else but I wouldn't feel the extras that Castle Club bring are worth £2000.

Your daughter should qualify for a Disabled Priority Card anyway which means little queuing for rides and attractions.

I think the long queues for breakfast tend to apply to the cheaper hotels - I never had to wait more than 10 minutes for a table at breakfast in DLH when we stayed last year, There is however unique character interaction at the Castle Club breakfast.

The other big perk of CC is the VIP fast pass but with the disabled priority card you will bypass most of the queues anyway so not a lot of benefit in that for you unless there are rides your daughter won't go on that the rest of you want to do.

Gainsborough...
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Castle Club With Disabled Daughter Is It Worth The £

Good point about the queuing for rides without Alice (disabled daughter)

I thought about the times where either myself or my fiancé stay and relax whilst the other takes our 10 year old on other rides.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
542 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Castle Club With Disabled Daughter Is It Worth The £

£2000 is an awful lot more. Regardless of where you stay your daughter would qualify for disability pass. If you present blue badge at city hall you will be given pass to enable daughter and upto 4 companions to enter rides via the exit, therefore avoiding major queues.

My daughter qualifies for this pass and in general hasn't waited more than 5 mins for a ride.

So I guess it's the hotel question. I'm sure it would be a lovely experience in Castle Club but £2000 worth not sure!!

We have always found staff go out of their way to help us and our daughter, so I'm sure wherever you choose you'll have an amazing time.

Ask away if I can be of any more help.

South Devon, United...
Level Contributor
3,656 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking Castle Club With Disabled Daughter Is It Worth The £

You can still get fast pass tickets to use the rides independently of your little daughter, and use baby switch, so that you can take it in turns without waiting twice.

This is available to guests at all the hotels too. Just requires a little more planning than the VIP fastpass.

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking Castle Club With Disabled Daughter Is It Worth The £

Hi Phil and welcone to the forum :+)

Are you booking for Septembet this year? If so, had you considered the Empire State Club at the Hotel New York? Same perks as Castle Club in terms of VIP Fastpass, exclusive character breakfast and afternoon tea, but significantly less expensive.

Edited: 05 June 2014, 17:59
Gainsborough...
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking Castle Club With Disabled Daughter Is It Worth The £

Hi,

No i hadn't looked into the Empire State Club as yet - hadn't really seen it.

Will look - and yes we are planning on going 1st - 5th September this year

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking Castle Club With Disabled Daughter Is It Worth The £

Might be worth considering, other posters speak very highly of it. Hopefully someone like Amanda, who has stayed in Castle Club a couple of times, will be along soon to offer her thoughts.

In the meantime I'll just echo what Freyanne said and say we have stayed in a standard room at the DLH a couple of times and never queued more than five minutes for breakfast, so I wouldn't let that aspect influence you too much. Obviously no characters at standard breakfast, although they have a meet and greet outside the restaurant.

Gainsborough...
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking Castle Club With Disabled Daughter Is It Worth The £

Just found this?

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g2079053-i21935-…

Southampton
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking Castle Club With Disabled Daughter Is It Worth The £

Just think of how many princess dressed £2000 will pay for!

We have stayed in hotel New York twice now and been upgraded to Empire State club breakfast and afternoon tea as a treat for my dd who has autism. At no extra cost.