We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Restaurant Review (1-5th June)

Donegal Ireland
Level Contributor
296 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Our Restaurant Review (1-5th June)

Just home from an amazing time in dlrp, here our review of where we ate,

Earl of Sandwich: excellent choice of sandwiches and brillant meal deals (sandwich, drink & crisps) kids meals were sandwich, juice & brownies, both adults & kids enjoyed it very much, friendly staff and only 5 min wait, priced v reasonable,would recommend.

Cafe Mickey: One word Amazing, we truely enjoyed this restaurant, we had lunch and breakfast, lunch we shared a pizza and fish n chips, food was beautiful and quick and characters were just fantastic, breakfast was excellent as well, choice hot food i.e, sausages, bacon (lovely crispy), scrambled eggs, potatoes, warm bread rolls, cold food, usual continental crossants, donuts,ham,fruit, drinks,cereal, more than enough. I would very highly recommend this place its such fun with the characters who really interact with everyone, although breakfast was a tad expensive €16 pp ot was worth it for one morning, and with lunch we shared two meals and jug tap water between 2adults n 2kids bill was €40, was very reasonable, Definitely would go here again.

Hunters Grill: Buffet choice of starter, main and desert, food was beautiful, hot, plenty of choice and again everyone truely enjoyed it, starter included salad, rice,pasta,cheese,coleslaw,ham,beef (cold),and lots more, main was salmon, sword fish,lasagne,spag bol,beef in sauce, roast beef &pork, chicken nuggets,fish nuggets,pasta,chips,jacket potatoes,desert was chocolate cake,fudge cake, mashmellows,red sweets, crepes, donuts, chocolate and raspberry sauce, cheesecake, jelly, and fruit, all in all it was a lovely dinner, the food was fab and excellent choice to suit everyone, price was €79 for four of us and that included four soft drinks, would definitely recommend this place.

Annettes: we had breakfast here it was very good, breakfast was bacon, sausage,tomatoe,scrambled egg, (no potatoe stick although its stated on menu), toast,pancakes with mable syrup, tea/coffee and pure orange juice, priced €12.50, it was a great big feed, staff were lovely, food was lovely, would recommend this place.

Rainforest Cafe: love this place, we had steak,chips with pepper sauce,onion rings,garlic cheese potatoe, fish & chips, child chicken nuggets & chips, the famous volcano desert (gorgeous) milk shake (gorgeous) three sodas, ice cream total bill €80, would highly recommend, the animals the atmosphere and staff were just fantastic, (however my dh was v ill next day, he blamed the steak, ) but we would go here again.

and finally the famous Disneyland Hotel Inventions: saved like mad for months prior to our holiday so we could eat here on our last night, well was it worth it: yes and no, yes the characters were brilliant and we seen lots which was lovely but the food was far too posh for us, we could not eat anything on the starter buffet, which was all sea/shell fish, the mains were salmon, spag bol, beef, chicken nuggets, pizza, mash, and few other dishes that didn't interest us, desert was wonderful, lots chocolate cakes, black forest gateau, jelly, mashmellows, lollypops, cheese, rice pudding, cheesecakes, sponge cakes,and many more cakes, overall it was just ok after paying €175 for us 2ad 2kids, i would not go here again, its just too much money for what we ate, now if we were into sea food then maybe i would have a different opinion, but i am glad we experienced it but wont be returning.

To conclude we had an amazing time and our bellys were well filled. café mickey was our favorite 😁

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our Restaurant Review (1-5th June)

This is a great review and has come in very handy. We go in September with our grandson who is 3 to celebrate my 50th along with other family members. We are looking at doing cafe mickey for lunch for the little one and going to hunters grill for my birthday as it will suit everyone. I was looking at inventions but will not be to everyone's taste accept us as we love seafood. Never been to EOS in DW so looking forward to visiting.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
415 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our Restaurant Review (1-5th June)

Brilliant review we go next weekend and these are some of the places we have on our list :) we was trying to find out if character breakfast served hot food as it does not say on the website so I am glad you wrote this thank you :)

South Devon, United...
Level Contributor
3,728 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our Restaurant Review (1-5th June)

We plan to go to all these restaurants, so nice to get your reviews, thank you

Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our Restaurant Review (1-5th June)

Sounds like you enjoyed some great meals, thanks for sharing.

5. Re: Our Restaurant Review (1-5th June)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 06:15