We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ADR's. Are they needed?

Newton Aycliffe...
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Topic
ADR's. Are they needed?

2nd visit to Disney coming up w/c 7th July. Should we be thinking of booking restaurants in advance? We have the standard full board meal plan and will be likely to just use plaza gardens, restaurant des stars, Billy bobs and the buffet in the hotel cheyenne. Its just we have no idea what times are will want to eat on each day. Queueing for different things could change our daily plans quite a bit each day.

Last time in Feb 2010 we just used counter service for lunch and hotel cheyenne for evening meal and I don't recall booking a time for us to eat there. Any help would be appreciated.

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,821 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ADR's. Are they needed?

Hi and welcome to the forum, we always recommend that people make adr's as it can be such a pain trawling about looking for a restaurant which isn't full/hasn't got a huge queue/isn't closed.

If you make reservations then you can check which restaurants will be open for the times you want as well as guarantee getting a table. You don't have to stick with the ADR, you can cancel or amend them at any time without penalty. I've changed my time as little as an hour before our ADR before so they're very flexible.

0033 160 30 40 50 press 2 for English.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,870 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ADR's. Are they needed?

Hi ian, and welcome.

We do advise people to make ADRs in advance to get the days and times they want, and definitely during the school holidays. Zone C holidays begin on 5th July, and Spanish schools from 21st June, so be prepared for very high crowd levels. Going in the summer holidays is very different to February!

More people are aware of making ADRs now, and more are using meal plan vouchers for buffets and table service rather than just eating in counter service, especially with the free dining offers.

Magic On Parade usually starts at 7pm in July / August, so the restaurants will be very busy from 7.30pm until about 9.30pm. The hotels restaurants open at 6pm, as does La Grange in Billy Bobs.

Stars n Cars Parade usually starts at 4pm or sometimes 5pm in summer holidays.

The new Ratatouille ride officially opens on 10th July, so that will attract a lot of people to the park. The Studios usually closes at 7pm in zone C summer holidays, but from the 10th it will stay open until 9pm. Restaurant des Stars buffet last seating time is usually around 4pm - 5pm, but from the 10th it may stay open later.

Dining Reservations can tell you the first and last seating times of buffets and table service. When I asked in Blue Lagoon resto on Tuesday evening around 7pm they were fully booked. I asked again on Wednesday at 9.15pm and was seated within a few minutes. I also ate in Plaza Gardens at 3.30pm yesterday, after the lunchtime rush, without ADR, but this is not main school holidays.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,870 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ADR's. Are they needed?

If you are not already aware, Disney Dreams will begin at 11pm, ending at 11.20pm, so you would get back to the Cheyenne around midnight. The shuttle buses are packed at this time, so many people prefer to walk back to their Disney hotels.

Newton Aycliffe...
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ADR's. Are they needed?

Thanks for the info. We mainly walked back last time as back then we had a pushchair and it was a nightmare on the buses. The walk doesn't take too long.

I must admit I didn't realise it was school holidays in Europe when we are going. What are "zone c" holidays? Are they french holidays?

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,870 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ADR's. Are they needed?

French schools are in three zones, A B & C. The C holidays affect Disneyland crowds more because these are schools in Paris / Ile de France area.

www.schoolholidayseurope.eu/france.html

The Cheyenne & Santa Fe hotels are about 20 mins walk from the parks, depending on your room location and your walking pace.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,870 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ADR's. Are they needed?

I havn't checked other Countries' summer holidays, but there could be other European ones on holiday from June or July.

http://www.schoolholidayseurope.eu/

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,821 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ADR's. Are they needed?

Welcome back Figgy! Come and join us at the end of July!

8. Re: ADR's. Are they needed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics