We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from CDG TO DLP

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Transfer from CDG TO DLP

Hi again, sorry to be a nuisance.

We leave for DLP 3 weeks tomorrow, staying at the DLPH.

We land at cdg at 19.10hrs and am wondering the best option for transfer to DLP.

Ideally we would like to do the TGV as it's only 10 minutes, there is a TGV departing at 19.56hrs, do you think this gives us enough time to clear security and get to the place tgv leaves from?? I am super confused about it all.

Many thanks in advance. Xxx

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
911 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from CDG TO DLP

Which terminal do you land at?

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from CDG TO DLP

I am not sure, we fly easyjet from Liverpool if that helps xx

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
911 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from CDG TO DLP

The TGV is near 2E (between 2E and 2F I think). We got through quickly but our flight was on time. If you pre book and your flight is late, you won't get a refund. How many of you are there (any children?)?

Although the quick journey time is tempting, a private transfer is far easier and if there are more than 2 of you can be cheaper. They meet you at arrivals, help you with your bags and take you straight to your hotel. Actually I think a private transfer is quicker as there is no lugging of cases, waiting for the train or walk from the station to the hotel.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from CDG TO DLP

Thanks daffodil, there are 2 adults and 1 child who is 10, she has a stoma so really want to avoid pushing and shuffing so she doesn't get hurt.

I think I will take your advice and book a private transfer instead. I am gutted due to the flight time as we kinda lose out on a whole day by the time we reach DLP, but I am sure dreams will make up for that!!

Many thanks again, oh before I forget any recommendations for private transfers?

Xxxx

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
911 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer from CDG TO DLP

Try Ezyshuttle or Inter Service Prestige. Our flight was 18.20 and we arrived in DLP just after 7. We didn't have the later opening though :-( so pretty much just had something to eat, put the kids to bed and unpacked.

Kildare, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer from CDG TO DLP

Have you considered a private shuttle??? Tgv is super quick too though.

The airport is obe of the busiest in Europe so allow fir that and delayed flights!

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
54,160 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer from CDG TO DLP

Hi.

The TGV station is on the lower level of terminal 2D. It's hard to say how long it may take from landing to clearing passport control and collecting luggage - CDG is a huge and very busy airport. There can be a lot of walking from / to arrival & departure gates. The cdgval shuttle goes between the different terminals.

Have you checked prices for the TGV? Full adult price can be up to 30€. It's not cheap. A shared transfer is cheaper than a private one. Some posters have used RS Transport for this, and you may be the only pickup anyway. Look at their website.

I use Ezyshuttle, and other posters have used isprestige or prestige-transfer for private transfers.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
54,160 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer from CDG TO DLP

There are threads about airport transfers in our top questions lists.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfer from CDG TO DLP

Thanks figgy, I enjoyed reading your trip report.

I have priced up tgv and it comes in at £100.50 return for the 3 of us.

A shared shuttle is £77

Private transfer is £97

A little torn as to what's best to do. Xxx

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Transfer from CDG TO DLP

Personally I would go for private transfer. Particularly with your daughters medical condition. It will likley prove quicker in the end as the driver will be waiting straight away for you.......no wasted time waiting /rushing for train and it drops you straight at hotel door, so no lugging bags either on transfer bus or walking. X

Edited: 09 June 2014, 19:51