We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My plan & a couple of quick questions!

Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
My plan & a couple of quick questions!

Our DLP trip starts on the 28th July, and finishes on the 1st August. Now, i know this its just about the peak time to visit DLP so i'm mentally prepared for the park to be packed.....

My DP and I are taking my DS(6) and my DSS(8) neither of them know that we're going to DLP. We're driving down to Spain on the 18th July to visit my DP's parents for 10 days, then on the way back we're talking our little detour via DLP.

I've been a bit worried about not telling them in advance, mainly because they aren't going to have that excited build up about their trip and sometimes when you know your holiday is over you just want to get home...I'm sure it will be fine....

So, here's the plan for DLP. We're staying at santa fe, the plan is to get up early and either have breakfast at the hotel @ 7am or at the park if that's an option. We're going to try and get on as many rides as possible before the park gets too busy. Then around lunch time head back to the hotel and have some lunch in our hotel room, and then try and get the kids (and us) to have a little siesta.

Hopefully, after a few hours sleep we'll head back to the park watch a few shows. We'll have a nice evening meal at one of the restaurants, then if the kids are not too tired we'll get on some more rides as the park starts to get a little less busy in the evening.

Obviously the main part of the plan is to get the kids to have a siesta (easier said than done), if we can't do that then i think we'll all struggle with the long tiring days.

This leads me to my first question, Santa Fee doesn't have a pool, are there any pools that we can use within the park? Are there things to do around the hotel? I know that sounds a bit strange as we really shouldn't have a problem finding things to do at DLP but i really want to avoid the main parks between 12pm to 5pm mainly because of midday sun and the crowds.

Sorry about the long post, guess i just wanted to sanity check the plan with some of you that have already experienced DLP during peak season.

Thanks for reading!

england
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My plan & a couple of quick questions!

I'm not sure whether there's a games room or anything but there isn't a pool you could use unfortunately x

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,381 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My plan & a couple of quick questions!

There is no pool you can use within the parks, sorry. The Cheyenne does do pony rides or sometimes Zorb balls. You could go to the Sealife centre in Val D Europe .

Going up in the Balloon is great if you can stand heights .

South Devon, United...
Level Contributor
3,651 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My plan & a couple of quick questions!

You could walk round to the Cheyenne and pay to go on the pony rides.

Not sure what time or how much though.

They also have teepees to play in.

Not sure on the Santa fe amenities but as said, you can't use a pool elsewhere.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: My plan & a couple of quick questions!

There's a games room at Santa Fe x

Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: My plan & a couple of quick questions!

Thanks for the replies,

Am i getting too fixated about avoiding the park between 12&5?

Fingers crossed they will get some sleep, however i get the feeling we might end up doing something else.....

Shame about the pool situation, would have thought DLP would be crying out for some kind of water park/swimming pool.

South Devon, United...
Level Contributor
3,651 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My plan & a couple of quick questions!

You could always do a long character lunch at inventions or go to all the shows in the studios.

Do a full circuit on the park train, or go pedalo-ing on lake Disney?

england
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My plan & a couple of quick questions!

They have more cold days then hot days I suppose. 4 of the 6 hotels have pools as well as the ranch but you need to be staying there to use them.

I think it's good to be prepared for it being busy. Have a loose plan & play it by ear. The park days are long so an afternoon nap in theory would work well x

UK
Level Contributor
253 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My plan & a couple of quick questions!

Maybe try to get your kids used to a siesta while at your in-laws so they get used to it before you arrive. Then they may be more likely to sleep in afternoons. When I was there I slept so well during afternoon naps I needed to set an alarm.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
52,755 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My plan & a couple of quick questions!

Hi

I hope you do have lovely weather but that is not guaranteed even in summer. A bit like here in the UK. I remember a day in August there when it rained a lot and was quite chilly. Another day was cloudy but with a chilly breeze in the afternoon so we needed jumpers. Or it could be very hot!

The budget hotels are cheaper because they don't have pools and other extra services, and the other hotels pools would get too crowded if other people could use them.

We used to go back to our hotel after lunch, around 1pm and return around 4pm. Our ds2 loved swimming so we always booked a hotel with a pool.

Magic on parade will begin at 5.30pm so you need to get a good spot to watch that before the route front line gets full. People will start sitting on the kerb from at least one hour before.

There will be no parade in the studios so you don't have to plan around that, but characters will come out for meet & greet. Currently 12pm and 1pm.

If you don't want to go all the way back to the Santa Fe you can rest on sofas and chairs in the Disneyland hotel in the lobby or in cafe fantasia. As far as we know descent of the stairs in the DLH will still take place at 4pm Thursday - Sunday until November.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
52,755 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My plan & a couple of quick questions!

My boys would never have agreed to a nap in the afternoons , even if DH and I needed one.... But all children are different. We used to stay 5-7 days and they just kept going.

Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics