We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying off-site where we can walk to DLP?

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
Save Topic
Staying off-site where we can walk to DLP?

Seriously considering staying off-site this time for the benefits of AP's but I'm a bit daunted by trying to get the RER or bus with the pram and all the equipment baby DD will need :D Does anyone know somewhere near DLP where we can safely walk there? Preferably an apartment or somewhere with a kitchen if possible, within about a 25 minute walk to Disneyland!

South Devon, United...
Level Contributor
3,728 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying off-site where we can walk to DLP?

Figgy usually stays at Hipark Serris, and has done the walk back in about 15 mins.

I read a good TR recently with good photos of a larger room there, it looked lovely. I can't remember who stayed though, will have to go have a look.

South Devon, United...
Level Contributor
3,728 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying off-site where we can walk to DLP?

It was Dylan the rabbit, post 19 has the photo link.

It has actually just been bumped, so you can find her TR really easily x

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,557 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying off-site where we can walk to DLP?

Getting the train to Val d Europe is very easy, and the trains have level access and are very roomy as they are double deckers. You get the tickets from a machine. ,selecting your language as English, very straightforward. After a day at DLP, I wouldn't fancy walking back to the nearest apartments.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
554 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying off-site where we can walk to DLP?

We've stayed at Hipark which is very nice, also privately rented a couple of apartments through Homeaway (put in Serris or Chessy as location).Last one we stayed at was couple of minutes walk to Val D'Europe shopping centre and next to station.

Think you might find walking an issue, but as Caspdex says train is better option or not sure how busy Peps bus is.

Level Contributor
1,090 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying off-site where we can walk to DLP?

The PEPS 50 bus that goes to the hotels at Val D'Europe is easily as busy as the shuttles to the Disney hotels, if not slighty more so as it is not quite as frequent. Also check the timetable carefully as it doesn't always go early mornings or late at night.

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,830 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying off-site where we can walk to DLP?

I agree with Caspdex, it really is very simple and straightforward getting the train to/from Val d'Europe. It is quite literally a two minute train journey.

We did have the issue of dh and ds having to crawl through the luggage bit when their tickets didn't work late at night, but the realisation has since dawned on me that he must have muddled up the old and new tickets!

Also, I don't think I'd welcome a 25 minute walk after a full day of park hopping - particularly in adverse weather!

Edited: 29 June 2014, 17:20
Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying off-site where we can walk to DLP?

We stayed at the Cheyenne last time so it was a twenty minute walk back from the parks at 11.30pm, which was knackering but we managed :D Which is why we don't mind walking about 25 minutes, but no further! :)

Is there a space for prams on the train or do we need to fold it down on the platform? Is it the RER train we get and are they fairly frequent and inexpensive? I'm quite daunted by the prospect of taking our baby to Disneyland anyway (have written another thread about that!) so I'm trying to get my head around staying off-site and catching a bus/train with all her stuff, sounds really stressful! But I can see the benefits of having a kitchenette and being able to buy annual passes, would save a lot of money for our next trip I reckon! :)

South Devon, United...
Level Contributor
3,728 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Staying off-site where we can walk to DLP?

Getting the RER A train is super easy with a pram, there is a lift both at val d"Europe and chessy station

Lots of room on the train too.

The stops are next to each other, so as others gave said, it's very quick.

I am used to walking too, so 15 mins wouldn't bother me in the morning, although I might be tempted to jump on the bus or train at the end of the day.

No need to fold pram x

Edited: 29 June 2014, 18:05
Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
554 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Staying off-site where we can walk to DLP?

I mentioned in your other thread about my daughter being tube fed and we always stayed off site. It was si much easier to prepare feeds and clean everything with proper kitchen.

Also there's usually more space than a hotel room. How are you planning on travelling, would you not consider driving?

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,557 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Staying off-site where we can walk to DLP?

The trains are very frequent, if you had to wait more than 10 minutes that would be the exception. The nearest apartments to the station would be the Residhome or the Sejours et Affaires. Stayed at both, would happily return to either.