We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bistrot Chez Remy and the ride on youtube!

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bistrot Chez Remy and the ride on youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch…

https://www.youtube.com/watch…

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
486 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bistrot Chez Remy and the ride on youtube!

So excited, but can't bring myself to watch! I want a surprise, but I've seen few pics and I know I'll be trying to book at end of month for restaurant.

Level Contributor
1,070 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bistrot Chez Remy and the ride on youtube!

I didn't watch and tried not to look at too many pics before I went on Ratatouille as I wanted a surprise too.

Have watched the vids now though and although they are good I'm glad I waited as they can't compare to the experience of being on it for real :-)

Neath, United...
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bistrot Chez Remy and the ride on youtube!

must resist watching

must resist watching

must resist watching

lol

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bistrot Chez Remy and the ride on youtube!

haha I always watch in advance, dont like surprises.

Neath, United...
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bistrot Chez Remy and the ride on youtube!

you could have marked in your thread title (spoiler) for people who don't want to see anything before they go if they want to keep it as a surprise, just a thought

Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Bistrot Chez Remy and the ride on youtube!

Well, I would implore anyone who has yet to ride 'The Rat' to not watch the you tube clip!

Both myself and The Boss avoided any clips (although we did watch the press launch and view photographs avidly) and we are so glad we did. That clip does NOTHING to represent this attraction at all! It doesn't even show the loading area which has your rat arrive which we thought really gears you up for your ride. There is something about the way in which your rat arrives that is just beautiful in our opinion.

Obviously, you get none of the 3D effects or any of the other many effects which form an integral part of the ride from a filmed clip. I am SOOOOO glad we resisted temptation and waited to experience it for ourselves. We were not at all disappointed. A few people have asked us what it is like since we returned home and truly, it is like nothing we have ever been on anywhere.

This is a ride for everyone! :-)

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
486 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bistrot Chez Remy and the ride on youtube!

I'm so so tempted, but as those who've been say don't do it I'm with you Welshie!

Must resist!!

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,879 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bistrot Chez Remy and the ride on youtube!

I have added a few photos and videos of the ride to our Ratatouille thread in the TQ list, but I havn't watched any of them. I have waited this long for it to be built, I can wait a bit longer to see the ride for myself as a surprise in August!

Edited: 03 July 2014, 03:56
Mays86
Level Contributor
308 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bistrot Chez Remy and the ride on youtube!

I couldn't resist, I watched a video last weekend and it looked fantastic. Luckily I can't even remember the finer details now (so it will still seem new!) and it's got me extra excited about riding it in September! :D

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,879 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bistrot Chez Remy and the ride on youtube!

If flights and Eurostar weren't so expensive I would have gone this week inbetween my night shifts.