We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice on downgrading

Antrim, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Topic
advice on downgrading

Hi

we are booked to go next Jan have booked DLH as was good offer but our car has gave up so have had to get a new one putting a massive strain on our Disney budget. Have booked flights so do not want to cancel or rearrange dates. So have thought if I change hotel etc may make cheaper am I right that any re booking would need to be at same cost or higher than original booking. Am in France for 7 nights but only 4nights accommodation booked so thought possibly change package adding on night and meal plan. Biggest issue is I booked on their kids under 12 free offer

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advice on downgrading

Hi, I think the fact you booked under the kids under 12 free offer is going to be your biggest problem as the amendments to your booking would usually need to be made under the current offer.

You're right to say that you can avoid an amendment fee as locking as the revised booming is the same cost or higher. I'd play around on the website and see what you come up with under the current offer and then speak with Disney, assuming you booked direct?

South Devon, United...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advice on downgrading

Firstly I would play around with a cheaper hotel on the website, add days and meal plan and see what you get.

Then call them and see his much they would charge you to cancel existing offer and rebook just a cheaper hotel for the same dates.

Then you can decide which is more cost effective for you x

Edited: 04 July 2014, 10:36
Antrim, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: advice on downgrading

Thanks for it advice never thought of cancellation and re booking will play around thanks

4. Re: advice on downgrading

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2015, 06:16