We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How does upgrading when new offer comes out work?

Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How does upgrading when new offer comes out work?

I've read on posts about people booking then upgrading when a new offer comes out, how does this actually work? I can't get my head round it.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How does upgrading when new offer comes out work?

Hi Sarah

It basically comes down to making your money work harder. Say you originally book 4 nights in a Montana room for £800 then a new offer comes out which means the same package would cost you £600. What you want to do is get more bang for your buck and the usual way to do this is by upgrading in some way - hotel, room type, extra nights, adding a meal plan. Play around on the website and see what extra you could get for your £800 under the new offer then call Disney and say you'd like to take advantage of the new offer by adding xxx to your package.

The golden rule is that your total booking cost should stay the same or increase. It's my favourite Disney game!

Edited: 06 July 2014, 22:01
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How does upgrading when new offer comes out work?

It's also usually possible to do it by adding a meal at Auberge or Cafe Mickey, or BBWWS tickets to your package, although strictly speaking there's no provision for that within the T&C. I've done it in the past by adding Auberge.

The key is perseverance; the first CM you speak with might say no so try and try again.

Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How does upgrading when new offer comes out work?

So if I have booked with Walt Disney travel company can I still do this?? This has made me quite excited. We've booked gfcr for 5 nights under the 2 free, so if a better deal comes up I cld possibly upgrade to the lakeside gfcr? Imagine if I cld upgrade to dh! Hehe

Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How does upgrading when new offer comes out work?

(I'm normally rattlerollshake. I forgot my password!!)

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How does upgrading when new offer comes out work?

I thought it was you! I'm not sure about doing it through WDTC to be honest. In theory it should be possible but a poster recently had a tough time upgrading to a Christmas room through them, although others have had a better experience.

One of the reasons I always book direct is because I like being in total control of my booking. Last time I wanted to take advantage of a new offer, the first two CMs I spoke to said no, it was only when I tried French Central Reservations that I got a yes.

Haacht, Belgium
Level Contributor
847 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How does upgrading when new offer comes out work?

But how does it work if you got extras in your original booking? Like free half board, kids for free, ...

For example, we've booked SQL trough the Irish website and this included 20% off and free half board. Imagine a better offer coming along and I'd upgrade to Golden Forest to increase my price a bit, would I be keeping my free half board vouchers or would I lose those?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How does upgrading when new offer comes out work?

Hi Ona, you'll only keep the free HB if it's also offfered as part of the new deal you're trying to upgrade under so it's always worth doing your sums first.

Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: How does upgrading when new offer comes out work?

Awh I like That u thought it was me :-D. Oh I hope that the Walt Disney travel company will let me do this if a better deal comes out, I wish I had known this before I booked, I was gonna book direct and then decided that wdtc had been great before so I shd stick with them, even tho to begin with I hadn't realised they wernt direct when I booked last time if that makes sense!

Thanks for explaining this lelly x

Edited: 06 July 2014, 22:38
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How does upgrading when new offer comes out work?

You're welcome, I just hope my waffling made it clearer! Don't beat yourself up, there was some general confusion for a while when some posters thought WDTC was another way of booking direct, when in fact it's an agent.

Just keep an eye out for new offers and take it from there - fingers crossed for you! Xx

10. Re: How does upgrading when new offer comes out work?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics