We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just sent an email to guest relations

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Just sent an email to guest relations

Thanks for the feedback on my TR. You're all right that I should be annoyed about the fact we only saw two princesses at the Auberge and only got a cursory apology. Underlined by the fact that DS asked me this morning if I thought Belle would be feeling better now (DH was told she was ill in front of DS). So following the advice of other threads on here, I've emailled Claire Carrington, to ask if we can at least have an email from a Disney address to say she's OK (don't laugh - the kids were worried!)

So we'll see what happens if anything *shrug*

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,815 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just sent an email to guest relations

No harm in sending them an Email Katy, they need to know if guests are disappointed in any way.

Let us know how you get on.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just sent an email to guest relations

I've been thinking about the timing of our meals at Auberge and think it must have been sick Belle we saw as she appeared about half way through our meal. We were sat right by the entrance door, were you in the room on the left or the right?

I hope Disney reply with some sort of apology x

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Just sent an email to guest relations

Ah, that makes sense because we were in the room to the left if you're facing the main room and we saw Belle in the main room earlier in our meal. She was right at the edge of our room then disappeared.

Oh dear, so I wonder if that means everyone for the rest of that afternoon only saw two :/

I tried to be very polite in the email and said some positive things about our waitress and the other characters, but pointed out that it took up a huge part of our budget, and that we had even spent extra money on coffees and drinks we might not have had otherwise if we weren't kicking about waiting. It would be nice to get a proper sorry and recognition that it was a bit pants!

Kx

St Andrews, United...
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just sent an email to guest relations

Not read your trip report yet, will need to go and find it however getting the jist here re auberge.

I can completely appreciate where you're coming ftom.

It is expensive, and although for adults food etc is nice I think considering how much parents charge for their kids to meet the princesses you should get what seems to be standard for most and what you expect for your visit.

My daughter is the worst with trying foods, if that had been us I'd have paid that for them to take the plate back as they served it so I'd definitely be expecting three princesses.

The thing is though they'll use that age old subject to change T&C lol

Good luck anyhoo :-)

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just sent an email to guest relations

Hi Katy,

I do hope you receive a reply. Keep us informed! I havn't read your TR yet but I will get round to it!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Just sent an email to guest relations

Cheers, m'dears. I'll let you know how we get on!

Lisburn, Northern...
Level Contributor
40 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just sent an email to guest relations

Hi Katy,

I'm Maidex's husband. The Belle we met seemed a bit flustered when she came to our table, asking my wife and I quietly if she had been yet. Now once we said no she flipped into Belle mode with the kids and was totally professional and was a brilliant Belle, but you knew something wasn't quite right. So she either was feeling unwell or was a last minute replacement for a previous sick Belle.

I've shared the photo on Google+ so you can have a look, according to the time stamp on the file it was taken at 14:03 Paris time.

https://plus.google.com/+JonathanMcCormack/posts/XRVypQ5r74L?pid=6033661998944102066&oid=111745307967377939102

If you can't see it for security reasons let me know.

Jonathan

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Just sent an email to guest relations

Thanks for that! That must have been the Belle who was unwell. If you look in the background of your pic, that's my husband in the middle with the dark hair and the light shirt. We saw people taking pics just right beside the fireplace, so that must have been you! Weird coincidence!

Wow, you were lucky because she disappeared pretty much straight away. Poor girl, she does look a bit peaky :/

K x

Lisburn, Northern...
Level Contributor
40 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just sent an email to guest relations

Katy, I've uploaded our Disneyland Paris video to Youtube so the kids's relatives across the sea can see them, see if you can spot yourself :)

youtu.be/VNBKDUrQg9M…

Jonathan

Finland
Level Contributor
631 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just sent an email to guest relations

Hi Katy,

any news?

or is there another thread about this.