We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Euro star

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
330 posts
Save Topic
Euro star

I feel sorry for people who was delayed or cancel today going to disney becaz they spent so much for their holiday I no it's not there fault but can't help feeling sad

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
911 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Euro star

I was thinking the same, hoping no one going to DLP was too badly delayed.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
54,160 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Euro star

Was the Eurostar closed as well??? I only saw about EuroTunnel on the news. Felt very sorry for anyone affected by this.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
330 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Euro star

Yes eurostar has had problems a yesterday aswell

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
911 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Euro star

More problems this morning too.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Euro star

What problems are they having ?

I was at work yesterday didn't see any news last night.

Level Contributor
240 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Euro star

It's something to do with overhead power cables.

Just checked the website and some trains are cancelled today but not the DLP one. Could be delayed though :(

Level Contributor
1,090 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Euro star

There was a power failure in one of the tunnels yesterday morning and passengers on the Eurotunnel service heading to France at the time had to be evacuated.

I didn't actually realise until yesterday that the Eurostar uses the same tunnels, so that meant they were delayed too, until they towed the stuck Eurotunnel train to France. Then obviously they needed time to fix whatever the fault was inside the tunnel.

They could manage to keep services going though by using the other tunnel, but only by alternating which direction trains passed through every 90 minutes. Normally trains are going both ways all the time by using both tunnels. This caused massive delays to both Eurotunnel and Eurostar services which I think has continued on to this morning.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
413 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Euro star

From the eurostar website÷

We are experiencing delays of up to 60 minutes due to an ongoing problem with the overhead power line in the Eurotunnel. 

Unfortunately, due to operational issues, we have also had to cancel some trains: 

Cancelled trains 08th July: 

9006 @ 07:31 (London to Paris), 9116 @ 08:58 (London to Brussels), 9117 @ 08:52 (Brussels to London) and 9025 @ 11:43 (Paris to London) 

If you have a booking for one of the cancelled trains, you can exchange your ticket free of charge, to another available service anytime within the next 4 months.

Level Contributor
1,090 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Euro star

Eurotunnel are currently warning of delays up to 2 hours when travelling to France and up to 60 minutes on journeys to the UK.

northampton
Level Contributor
658 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Euro star

When I travelled to Paris in June via Eurostar, our train wouldn't start in Paris and we had to change which caused a delay. Then the train in front of us broke down in the tunnel and they were only using one so we had to wait for an hour for that to be moved and got in nearly 2 hours late. It was awful. They tanoyed on the train to say we would be entitled to compensation but when we applied, Eurostar are now arguing with me that the train was 116 minutes late not 120 minutes late so we can't have a refund! Pretty bad I think arging over 4 minutes and refusing compensation. Plus they take over 2 weeks to reply to any email I send!!!

They are going to lose a lot of money if they are going to have to give all these people affected compensation.