We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I get half board vouchers for an added adult on arrival?

Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Topic
Can I get half board vouchers for an added adult on arrival?

Ok,

So I have just booked another room at the hotel Cheyenne for my sister for our end of March trip and added HB plus voucher for her also.However my brother in law would also love to come so we are planning to add him to the room on arrival and just pay local taxes. I am going to purchase an AP for myself and give my Brother in law my park ticket from the booked package. So in a long winded way, I am wondering is there any way I can book/buy HB voucher for BIL as he'll only be added on arrival?

Thanks a million :-)

Neath, United...
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I get half board vouchers for an added adult on arrival?

hi Scarlett

on magicdlp it states that meal plans can only be booked in advance of arrival

www.dlpguide.com/planning/dining/meal-plans/

from site "Meal Plans can be booked only in advance, as part of your Disneyland Paris hotel or package booking. You'll see the option when booking online via the official website."

Edited: 09 July 2014, 19:50
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I get half board vouchers for an added adult on arrival?

Welshie right you need to book the meal plan in advance.

Good news is you get 10 precent off food with you ap.

The saving is the same if sometimes not better than adding the meal plan to your booking anyway.

Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I get half board vouchers for an added adult on arrival?

Thanks for that Welshie and Rachel. So I can use the ap discount on top of HB vouchers for BIL's meal? If so that's perfect!! Also when would the best time to get the AP be? I'd like to get it online before we arrive just to be sure. Our trip is on 29th March. Thanks again!!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I get half board vouchers for an added adult on arrival?

How many will be on your trip ?

You ate best posting on the sponsor thread that way you get 10 percent off your AP and the sponsor get a stamp 3 stamps and you get 12 mths free on your Ap.

You not buy on line that's only for the French you can buy by post but that would be the same price as buying in resort you are better trying to get sponsored.

Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I get half board vouchers for an added adult on arrival?

Oh thanks Rachel. Will have a look for the sponser thread now. There will be 6 of us,4 adults (ha, if you can call us that) and 2 children. Park tickets are included for 5 of us so just going to buy an AP for myself.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can I get half board vouchers for an added adult on arrival?

All I was going to add was the 10 percent discount will cover 5 of you meal wise anyway maybe worth cancelling your meal plan.

We have dream ap sorry can not sponsor you sure someone will

Don't know if you've seen this

dlpguide.com/planning/…

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can I get half board vouchers for an added adult on arrival?

I like the meal plan re budget but I find it restrictive tbh.

I find we don't eat in place we love just to get the most of our vouchers.

What ever works for you though x

Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Can I get half board vouchers for an added adult on arrival?

Lol, yes of coarse Rachel, would be more of a saving if we used the discount on all meals. We found the vouchers great last time, it was as if we were eating for free lol! Will have a good think about it though.

With regards to the francillien AP, I read here that the exempt dates don't apply if staying on site, does that also apply to early magic hours? As in if you're staying on site you can still access EMH on francillien?

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can I get half board vouchers for an added adult on arrival?

Your right the blackout dates won't count as your staying in the Cheyenne you will need your hotel easy pass.

I know it does feel like your eating free but your not really ;)

X

Edited: 10 July 2014, 13:07
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can I get half board vouchers for an added adult on arrival?

Yes you still get emh like I said you need your easy pass :)