We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice needed

Ireland
Level Contributor
317 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
advice needed

I have priced to say at a disney hotel that will include hotel stay with breakfast, lunch or dinner and park tickets. I have also priced to say in a hotel outside the park - room only - and buy a AP. The difference in price is €875. My question is over 4 .5 days what is the likelihood that we would spend €875 on food (breakfast and dinner) for 2 adults and a 1yr old. I known the 1yr old is free in buffet restaurants. As I have no idea of the cost of restaurants within Disney is it highly unlikely we would spend this amount of money. Would I be better off booking the cheaper hotel and buying AP tickets.

Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advice needed

I'm pretty sure if you stay in the park you can had meal plans into your stay, restaurant prices vary in the park too

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,586 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advice needed

Unless you eat in the most expensive restaurants all the time, you won't spend that much, plus the AP will give discount on meals as well as souvenirs etc. Offsite could mean booking an Aparthotel in Val D Europe, so you could do some self catering and having a seperate room for children which is really beneficial.

Having APs means a second trip within a year is really cheap.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: advice needed

Hi, to get a good idea of restaurant prices take a look at www.dlpguide.com where many of the menu prices have recently been updated.

Ireland
Level Contributor
317 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: advice needed

Thanks for replies. I am going to get the fantasy AP and book the hipark serris. I am difficulties opening some of the pages on the disney website, don't know if its my tablet or the website. I rang disney and the girl told me I could buy the fantasy AP when I arrive on the Sunday and use it straight away and the immediate following days. Is this correct? Only asking as she seemed a bit unsure and put me on hold to ask someone else.

South Devon, United...
Level Contributor
3,728 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: advice needed

Yes you can buy the fantasy pass at the entrance.

If you can get sponsored for your dates by one of our forum members, you will get 10% off the price.

Search for the AP sponsorship thread and put your dates down and see if anyone can help

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: advice needed

Hi you will find this helpful

dlpguide.com/planning/…

Yes you can use your ap strait away don't worry the cm on the phone lines don't seem to know much about ap.

Took me ages to get one that new about them when booking my Halloween party tickets.

Happy planning

7. Re: advice needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 06:16