We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do you tell the kids?

Kirkcaldy, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
How do you tell the kids?

I'm planning my first trip to DLP next year and I am planning to tell my Daughter on her 10th Birthday but I was looking for some good idea how to tell her we are going ideally something quite dramatic.

any ideas or thoughts would be really appreciated, additionally do you know if it's possible to pay to have a stuffed toy placed in the room perhaps with a note from Mickey?

Mentioned in this post
Cafe Mickey
Cafe Mickey
5,476 Reviews
Marne-la-Vallee, France
Neath, United...
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How do you tell the kids?

couple of threads lately that maybe helpful to you.

here

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g2079053-i21935-…

and here

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g2079053-i21935-…

about certificates and gifts in rooms

Edited: 26 July 2014, 19:44
Pontypool
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How do you tell the kids?

I did a treasure hunt for DS last year. I printed and laminated each individual letter in "Disneyland" and hid them round the house. Each letter had a small present that he'd need to take with him - toothbrush, flannel - that kind of thing. Then he had to unscramble the letters to work out where we were going. It worked really well but now I think he's expecting it next birthday too! He's in for a shock lol

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
London, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How do you tell the kids?

I've not told our DD and 1 of my DS doesn't know the other is a disney fanatic so he's helped me plan the trip😃 I've made reveal bags though I think I might need reveal suitcases lol

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do you tell the kids?

DD knows about this trip because she likes to be invomved in the planning, altough we're keeping a few things zbout tge trip a secret.

In the past we've done a treasure hunt and our best reveal was when we took DD to see Santa in Harrods and we arranged for him to give her an invitation from the princesses inviting her

to go to DLP the next day for her birthday.

We always do a card on Moonpig from her favourite character saying how much they're looking forward to seeing her.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
54,197 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do you tell the kids?

Hi,

If you can see the top questions list there is one about revealing a surprise trip with links to previous threads on this subject.

Peacehaven, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do you tell the kids?

I bought my two a trunkie suitcase each and as we were going a week before Christmas I wrapped them up and told them they could open a present early (night before disney) they opened them and I told them they'd need to pack as we were going to disney. They were more excited about the suitcase they could sit on!! This year I'm not telling them at all, I'm just going to wake them up on the day and make out that we're going on a random adventure fur something to do!! Can't wait to see their faces when we turn up at disney!!

7. Re: How do you tell the kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 05:16