We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top three buffets?

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Top three buffets?

My DDs (10 and 7) have told me that they prefer buffets to regular table service meals because it gives them a chance to try new foods and have bits of lots of different things. We're off to DLP next Spring and I thought this might help me whittle down the restaurant choices! I'd like to eat at Blue Lagoon and possibly Buffalo Bills but I'd love to hear what your top 3 buffet restaurants are and what you like about them. We've only ever done Agrabah Cafe buffet-wise and we all enjoyed it but would like to try somewhere different.

So far I'm tempted by Hunter's Grill and Inventions, if I can justify it.. I keep telling myself that it's cheaper than Auberge which we've done twice and it's also the last chance before I have to start paying adult prices for DD1!

(also, is it just me that thinks about the food this far in advance?! I could kid myself that I'm trying to figure how much to save - and it is partly that! - but mainly I just love planning the food!)

England, U.K
Level Contributor
621 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top three buffets?

My top 3 buffets would be Inventions, Plaza Gardens and Restaurant de Stars.

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top three buffets?

We ate at inventions twice last month and loved both meals

We also ate at hunters grill the buffet in here seemed to have so much choice I didn't know where to start

But it was lovely

And also restaurant des stars the meatballs here went as nice as at inventions still nice just missing something

And I'm trying to pick adds for Oct 15 so nope not just you lol

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top three buffets?

I've heard good things about Hunters Grill and Plaza Gardens. I will certainly be trying them.

South East England...
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top three buffets?

Hunters Grill and Plaza Gardens are our favourites. We've eaten at Inventions but it didn't appeal as much to us as the others.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Top three buffets?

We haven't eaten in Hunter's Grill but I've only ever heard good things about it. We've eaten in Inventions often and although we've had a couple of less than brilliant experiences, it's still our favourite.

Edited: 27 July 2014, 20:42
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Top three buffets?

And no, it's not just you! I've been planning our ADRs for December since January!

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,620 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Top three buffets?

Hi Celestial,

Peoples' favourite buffets will vary, so can be very much personal choice. You say you enjoyed Agrabah Cafe, which I also like, but some people don't like the food there at all being quite different to the other buffets.

We have threads about the buffets in our Top Questions list, and I have photos of some of them in albums on Flickr. I should get some more next month, but the buffets don't change much really. Some dishes are changed weekly but essentially each one stays pretty much the same.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/figgygirl/sets/

Hunters Grill in Sequoia Lodge does not usually disappoint. La Grange in Billy Bobs is similar to La Cantina in the Santa Fe with some Tex Mex dishes. Plaza Gardens is a good all round buffet, and handy being near Main Street / Central Plaza, and gets very busy at peak dining times. Restaurant des Stars is smaller, and the only buffet in the Studios. Sadly the little moving Remy on the platter is no longer there.

We have always enjoyed Cape Cod in the Newport Bay, which has some fancier dishes than Hunters Grill. Parkside Diner is smaller than HG and CC, so less choice, but usually has very good desserts.

I havn't had dinner in Chuck Wagon or La Cantina in the Cheyenne or Santa Fe, so don't have photos (yet) but they would not be in my top three anyway.

For me, location is also important, not just the best food, depending on the time of year and whether I want lunch or dinner, inside or outside the parks. The buffets in the hotels ( apart from Inventions) are only open from 6pm, as is La Grange, so not an option for lunch.

When Inventions does not have Characters at lunchtime it is cheaper, and usually less busy than the ones in the parks.

Edited: 28 July 2014, 03:23
New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,620 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Top three buffets?

The other buffet is Buzz's Pizza Planet in Discoveryland, but that is cheaper than the Standard buffets, with just pizza, pasta and salad, so not really in my top 3. As kids can enjoy the indoor play area there, and enjoy the food, some parents on a tighter budget would include that in their favourites, even if they don't rate the food highly themselves.

It can also depend on which buffets may be closed on your dates, as they are not all open every day all year round.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Top three buffets?

Top 3 hunters grill, cape cod , billy bobs.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
413 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Top three buffets?

Hunters grill and inventions i dont have a third yet as these are the only 2 buffets we tried.

Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics