We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for first thing to do upon arrival at the parks

London
Level Contributor
66 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Advice for first thing to do upon arrival at the parks

Apologies if this has been asked (i'm guessing it probably has - but i couldn't see it immediately) but i'm after some advice for when we first get in the parks. Is there any recommendations along the lines of "do this before the queue gets to big" or "get a fast pass ticket for this first of all" etc.

basically we have three days - day of arrival - probably get in the park for midday ish, and then two days following when we'll also get the magic hour (or is it two?, staying at one of the budget hotels - Cheyenne). So any tips around this would be much appreciated - or simply links to another thread where someone has already asked this if you prefer! Many thanks.

Should mention - travelling with (and basing it all around!) a 3 and a half year old. Already have the princess lunch booked for day 2.

Thanks all :)

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for first thing to do upon arrival at the parks

Get park map and programme on the way in first of all

With the age of lo your main prioritys are probably it's a small world,casey Jr and story book boats

So head through the castle seeing the dragon and upstairs on the way

Then go for the above listed maybe broken up with Alices labyrinth

Dumbo,the carousel, Peter pans flight and buzz are best done in the extra magic hrs 8-10

Then just before 10 head for snow white and pinnochio (we found snow open at about 9:50last month)

Also check off on the map what you do each day then of an eying you can make a plan of attack for the next day

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for first thing to do upon arrival at the parks

Oh and a Peter pan or tink costume will get you quick access to Peters flight at busy times just go to the exit

And equally snow white at snow white ride

A pirate at pirates of the carribean

Etc

And the disneyland railroad is a nice relaxing for tired legs

But main street station is the most busy so try to get on at maybe frontier land or discovery land and watch the scenery as you go round it's all themed

Also try the molly brown or marl twain river boats

In studios Disney Jr and stitch live are a must

Neath, United...
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for first thing to do upon arrival at the parks

hi

Dont forget to pick up a park map and program, the program should have all the show/parade info and M&G locations and times if you want to go Character hunting for pics and autographs.

UK
Level Contributor
253 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice for first thing to do upon arrival at the parks

If you want to see a princess at Pavilion one of you should join the queue at old Mill by end of EMH.

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice for first thing to do upon arrival at the parks

As you have Auberge booked for day 2, I would go to the Studios on your first day and do Anamagique ,

Disney Jr and Stitch Live. Also try and do Toy Story Playland. As you are going to the Auberge, I would give the Pavilion a miss. Use your EMH on days 2 + 3 for Fantasyland and Buzz.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
601 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice for first thing to do upon arrival at the parks

Can I be cheeky and ask where your lunch with a princess is and how much it costs? I also have

a hakf board meal plan premium can we use these vouchers for this (thinking if its expensive we could maybe have princess lunch there and have a cheap macdonalds tea!)

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice for first thing to do upon arrival at the parks

You can use your vouchers here, would advise making a reservation. Here's the link

dlpguide.com/planning/…

Well worth it IMO

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
601 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice for first thing to do upon arrival at the parks

Ooh thank you!

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
601 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice for first thing to do upon arrival at the parks

Just had a look and I don't think myself or the kids would eat much if the menu! I looked at cafe Mickey but really wanted princesses for my little girl! Is there anywhere else we can meet princesses or restaurants with princesses please? Sorry to hijack post this question has probably been already been asked so happy to he redirected to a post! Libby x

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Advice for first thing to do upon arrival at the parks

The only other guaranteed way is to go to the Princess Pavilion where you will meet one unspecified Princess. Rapunzel has a meet and greet at the moment in the main park. We have also met Ariel in the studios when the characters come out there.