We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October ride closures :(

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
Save Topic
October ride closures :(

Well we are definitely moving our trip in October - we're taking a 7 month old and the only rides she could have gone on are closed! As well as Casey Jr which eldest DD loves! Really disappointed :(

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October ride closures :(

At least you'll get to see Christmas season :+)

South Devon, United...
Level Contributor
3,656 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October ride closures :(

Elednor, Christmas is the most amazing season in Disney, our last holiday was so magical that I plan to take my ds every year now (we go again at end of November).

Please don't be too sad x

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: October ride closures :(

DH and I can't decide between December and February! February is cheaper and DD2 will be 11 months so hopefully they will let her on more of the rides :D But going by the last couple of years closures, they close loads of rides so it would be a massive risk! :S

South Devon, United...
Level Contributor
3,656 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October ride closures :(

And much colder!

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: October ride closures :(

I'd do December just because Christmas season is so fab, but that's just personal taste and I haven't been in Feb so can't really comment.

Not necessarily colder. When we lived gere we had some freezing Decembers and mild Febs. You just can't predict it.

Edited: 30 July 2014, 20:16
Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,790 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: October ride closures :(

Our February trip this year was warmer than both of our previous April trips.

It depends how you time it for ride closures, if you go in the Feb half term then hardly anything will be closed. But you have to balance it out with crowd levels of course.

The Feb half term this year wasn't anything as busy as summer holidays or Easter.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: October ride closures :(

We would be going the first week of Feb during the value season, HNY is very cheap and easy for us to pop back into with baby DD2 :D

Christmas season does look amazing though, but I bet I'll be riding storybook boats and IASW over and over as DD2 has low weight and looks small for her age so will look younger than her 9.5 months :P I think we are leaning towards Christmas as there should be less ride closures, just disappointed that DD2 won't be able to wear the Snow White and Donald Duck costumes we've bought her! :D

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: October ride closures :(

The great thing about Christmas season is that there is so much to do and see other than the rides. Plus Dreams has been confirmed for Christmas season, whlst we still have no idea whether it will be showing in February.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: October ride closures :(

Has it?! How did I miss that! Is it running daily again and is it just during the school holidays? I'd love to see Dreams again :)

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: October ride closures :(

It's daily until end of September and then the current brochure lists it as part of the programme for Christmas season. Feeling happier about a December trip?!

Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics