We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any experiences with very last minute changes

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Topic
Any experiences with very last minute changes

We are due to travel Sunday but I've lost the kids passports ( I've ripped the house apart and they are gone) I booked with Disney holidays.co.uk and they've said there's no way of changing it or any of the extras. I know this is our own fault so there's nothing they should have to do but just wondered if anyone had any experiences? I want to rebook and will pay any extra hotel costs.

Just don't know how I'm going to tell the kids we aren't going :-(

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any experiences with very last minute changes

Oh Nicola, you poor thing. I guess the problem is because you're so close to departure. Can you speak with a manager and beg?

Or how about offering to upgrade in some way so they make more money out of you?

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
2,268 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any experiences with very last minute changes

is there no way of getting an emergency passport? in finland you can get it in 24h (extra cost of course). how about contacting your local passport office and beg?

also sit down, try to calm down and think when you used the passports last time. check behind closets, etc.

Edited: 01 August 2014, 12:48
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Any experiences with very last minute changes

I have done. I'd pay for Disney hotel at this point! I've spoken to one person who was really helpful and said she'd speak to Disneyland. She said she'd ring back but didn't and I when I rang they said no, even to moving BBWWS :-( Do you think it's worth ringing Disney myself?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any experiences with very last minute changes

Long story but we've moved since then and as we were waiting on a house being built our stuff was spread all over.

The quickest we can get a child's passport is 14-8. If it was an adults we'd have it today.

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any experiences with very last minute changes

You can try but to be honest they won't usually deal with you direct if you've booked tgrough an agent. Try insisting that your agent speaks with Disney whilst you're on the other line - Disney itself can be quite sympathetic in cases like this.

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,790 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any experiences with very last minute changes

Oh no Nicola, how awful for you all. It's always worth ringing Disney, though if you book through a third party then they usually have to deal with you via them.

So hoping they turn up for you. It's usually the most obvious places that things turn up.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Any experiences with very last minute changes

Anyone got a number for Disney please?

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any experiences with very last minute changes

Try French central reservations on 0033 160 30 60 53, they speak English and are usually a bit more understanding and less inclined to stick to their script.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Any experiences with very last minute changes

Just rang they were lovely but couldn't help. Rang disney holidays again they were very unhelpful this time and just said no. I thought I was booking direct with Disney and Disney said if I had they could have helped. I'm gutted

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any experiences with very last minute changes

That's rotten. They're a Disney owned agent so it gives the appearance of booking direct but a couple of posters have found them a bit unhelpful when it comes to amending bookings.

Have they got a complaints department you can speak with? If Disney itself can help you then surely it's just a question of the agent handling the admin? Sounds like they're just being obstinate,