We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coach holiday with siesta holidays

uk
Level Contributor
416 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
coach holiday with siesta holidays

As anyone been on a coach to disney, we are going with siesta who have tvs on the seats which show films, we can also buy drinks and food on board, as anyone done a trip this way and loved it and as anyone hated it we are travelling 6th november.

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,510 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: coach holiday with siesta holidays

I knew someone had used them

tripadvisor.co.uk/…57984218

uk
Level Contributor
416 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: coach holiday with siesta holidays

Thanks i do remember reading that one but was lovely to re read it.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: coach holiday with siesta holidays

Hi tannedjulie, that'll be me ;)

Do you know I was so apprehensive about the journey. My experiences of coaches was 6.5 hours Durham to London on National express (or worse overnight on National Express!) which felt like hell on earth. Boring long journeys, stinking toilets and uncomfortable seats, I didn't think I'd ever coach it anywhere again! Lol.

As I don't fly it was either try the coach or never go abroad and as I'd promised the kids a holiday abroad the coach it was! We had originally planned to go to Spain but as I was so worried about the journey I decided to cancel and do Disney instead as it was half the journey time - 12 hours instead of 24 hours. I needn't have worried at all, the journey was fine. So fine in fact that when we got back from Disney I did indeed book the trip to Spain for the following month.

The coaches are comfy - the double decker ones slightly more so than the single decker but the single decker are still a lot better than National Express! The hostess service is good with reasonable prices and the back seat entertainment had something to keep everyone entertained which helped pass the time. We stopped regularly, every 3-4 hours, a couple of quick stops and a couple of longer ones.

The only advice I can give is wear comfy clothes - I travelled in skinny jeans that first time, not recommended lol. We took memory foam neck pillows (about £7 from eBay) and took a blanket each and we took the opportunity to get off and stretch out legs at every given opportunity. It was a long journey but it was an easy one.

We are going by Eurostar next week and I'm looking forward to the experience but in future I will just pay for a seat on the coach (with Siesta) and book my own offsite accommodation. £75 each and an easy journey - get on in Durham, get off in Disney, no hassle at all with an overnight in London or changing trains etc.

When do you travel? Is it your first visit?

Hope you have an amazing time :)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: coach holiday with siesta holidays

Just to add - I found the customer service from the office staff fantastic and all drivers and hostesses I encountered were lovely. I couldn't fault Siesta at all during either of our trips with them x

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,118 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: coach holiday with siesta holidays

Twinklestar - I know you booked accommodation yourself last time because the Cheyenne with siesta was full, but I didn't realise you could normally just pay to use the coach for transport to & from DLP.

I will look into this because I would like to try driving to DLP via ferry or EuroTunnel but DH isn't keen on my doing this alone. If I can catch coach from Ringwood without paying a package price it would be worth doing for a change.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: coach holiday with siesta holidays

Hi Figgy they seem to be totally ok with people just booking seats - I guess it is subject to availability but all four coaches we went on had plenty of seats spare.

The only catch I can see is that they only arrive and depart resort on certain days of the week at certain dates during the year.

Here's some links to the tours they do, if you scroll down each page it will show you the dates they do that tour just to give you an idea...

siestaholidays.co.uk/tours/…

The dates are varied, I think 2, 3 or 4 days in resort and include the fireworks and Christmas seasons too x

uk
Level Contributor
416 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: coach holiday with siesta holidays

Thanks for your reply twinklestar, we are going November the 6th staying in santa fe, why I asked the question is I have nieces who travelled by car and they say its the best way to travel as you can stop when you want and take loads of food and drinks with you, my niece went by coach when she was young and hated it, the funny thing is I never wanted to do dlp just the thought of spending 3 days in a park full of rides was not my idea of fun, but we did go to florida 2012 friends had dvc points so we got to go for free just flight and tickets to pay for, but I feel like we missed out on some things because we only went in Hollywood studios once and missed out on somethings. also my youngest daughter wasn't really into Disney then she was 4 but now she loves it and keeps singing the frozen songs, im not going to compare just want to try it but didn't want to go by car as in the past weve broken down on the way to visit friends, im looking forward to travelling by coach girls are good at travelling but my husband is a bus driver so will be a bit strange him been a passenger, only thing im not sure about is the tunnel only thing I don't like going under, 1 question can you get off the bus and walk about in the tunnel not to bothered just wondering, thanks for replying might have some questions when I have a good think.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,118 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: coach holiday with siesta holidays

Thanks - I know I will have to fit in with their set trip dates, but if the coach is a good price and I get at least 2 full days in the parks ( not AP Blockout dates) it's worth a try.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: coach holiday with siesta holidays

Any questions just ask away, I'll help if I can :)

We took a cool bag on the coach with a few bits in, that was fine but the hostesses are not allowed to store/warm anything unless it's for a baby. Our long stop was around about 1pm at Maidstone services (about half hour before the Eurotunnel) for lunch. There was a cafe, McDonald's, Costa and like a WHSmiths kind of shop selling allsorts of bits. I think we spent just short of an hour there so plenty of time to eat.

The tunnel was a worry for me as I'm claustrophobic but it was ok. I didn't even realise we were going anywhere to start with! Yes you are able to walk around. You are not allowed to stand in front or behind the coach for safety reasons but there is a walkway either side that goes through the carriages (it's one vehicle per carriage) we just wandered through two or three and back again or to the toilets just to get off the coach. You're only in the tunnel for around half hour so it goes quickly.

I think 4 years old is a lovely age for Disney, your little one will love it :) I don't like rides at all and in two visits the only ride I went on was IASW! Disney is about so much more than the rides; there is so much to see and experience you need not go on the ride to feel the magic. The detailing within the park is fab and the parades, seasonal shows and Dreams are not to be missed. I spent many an hour wandering with little legs and didn't get bored at all. I do plan to be a bit more adventurous on our next visit but I'll have the eldest dd with me to look after little legs if I have a meltdown on the teacups lol. Your little one may have other ideas though and you could find yourself in a few rides!

@ Figgy, I think it's an easy option as opposed to travelling to London, stopping overnight, changing at Lille if you can't go direct etc. it's worth a go. I looked at the timings and it seems you get either 2 full days or 2 full days with an evening departure on the 3rd day so should suit you fine :)

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,118 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: coach holiday with siesta holidays

I tend to fly from Southampton rather than Eurostar as it is quicker and usually works out cheaper overall but if I can just buy a Seat on the coach or hotel without park tickets, for a good price, I will certainly do this sometime, maybe next year.

Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics