We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this a good deal?

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
728 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Is this a good deal?

I am looking to go to DLRP this September. I missed out on the deal of having a percentage off the room so I know this price isn't the best I could have got. I have so far priced up September 17th-22nd at Sequoia Lodge for 2 adults, 1 child aged 3. This includes the half board plan and I have also chosen the Wild West show (loved this last time) and Café Mickey one night. The price is coming in at £1849.10 but I can also get 8.5% quidco on this.

On top of this I will need to factor in the Eurostar and more than likely an overnight stay in London.

I have considered staying at Cheyenne as I think my son would love the theming but I am also aware I only get the cheaper meal vouchers and I think we would benefit more from the other vouchers, I think it may work out cheaper to upgrade.

Last time we went, the main bugbear for us was the cost of food so having the meal vouchers included are a big thing for us.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this price and whether it is a good deal or not? The hotel alone is priced at £240 more for the Sequoia Lodge and I think we would use more than that on food alone for the 5 nights so I think the upgrade seems sensible.

I am at a loss as this was a last minute decision to go next month so haven't had a chance to really delve into prices yet.

Is it possible to upgrade my meal plan if I stayed at Hotel Cheyenne? I know I would only get standard vouchers by staying here but the meal plan vouchers at Sequoia are of better value. I went through a dummy booking online but there wasn't any option to do this.

Also would I get the exact same price if I called or would there be a difference?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this a good deal?

Hi there :)

At the moment there are flash sales on the french, belgium and dutch sites. You can not book holidays for more then 3 nights using these sales, but there is nothing to stop you booking 2 separate holidays and then letting the hotel know so that you can stay in the same room for all 5 nights. I have dummy booked your dates and for 5 nights, including half board plus it would come to 1517 euros which is roughly 1194 pounds so saving a massive 700 pounds!! If you are sure on your dates I would book quick using this sale as they don't come around that often. x

Ireland
Level Contributor
252 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this a good deal?

Hi,

I just did your dates on the .ie site and it's coming up at €2,002.00 which would work out roughly at £1,600-ish for the same offer. If you're paying fir it up front, you could book it this way and save a few bob (for shopping!!! 😉)

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this a good deal?

If you book on a deal where meal vouchers are included then it is not possible to upgrade them to the next level. However if you are booking and paying for vouchers separately then you can. So I just ran your dates again staying in Cheyenne but with Plus vouchers and this comes out at 1200 euros or 944 pounds so a massive saving of 900 pounds!!!!

It is always worth playing around when it comes to Disney bookings :)

Ireland
Level Contributor
252 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this a good deal?

Wow, Amandas deal beats mine 😉

You could also use the flash sale to book/try 2 hotels...we did that years ago and spent 3 nights each in the NPB (Admirals floor) and the HNY!!

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
728 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this a good deal?

Wow Amanda, is that on the French site? I had no idea it could differ so much on price?

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
728 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is this a good deal?

Wow Amanda, is that on the French site? I had no idea it could differ so much on price?

I could always do 3 nights Cheyenne and 2 nights sequoia I guess. I would like to try Cheyenne but loved Sequoia last time we went and love the fact it is so close to the park.

Thanks so much for your help!

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is this a good deal?

that was on the belgium site but I think the french one has the same price. You can only book online and you do need to pay the whole amount in one go (although you can phone to add meal plan at later date if you need to spread the cost a bit) but apart from that it is a fab deal :))

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
728 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is this a good deal?

Wow, so I can safely book online on the Belgium site or French site? I was told I couldn't book online as it won't accept a UK postcode? That is a huge saving, enough to let me add an extra night if I wanted and head into Paris!

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is this a good deal?

Yes you can I have done this many times and lots of other people do too :))

. You put your address in but leave your country as france/belgium depending on which site you use. Everything comes via the email so there will be no problems at all x

Edited: 04 August 2014, 00:28
Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
728 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is this a good deal?

Can I also change the language on the site?

Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics