We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Explorers Hotel

Antrim, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Topic
Explorers Hotel

Hi

Has anyone stayed in this hotel. If so would love opinions. Is it near the supermarket/shopping centre

Thanks

Kildare, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Explorers Hotel

I have not stayed in it but there are 4 hotel next to each other and I have stayed in one of the (Magic circus) they are bear the shopping Centre Cal d'europe but if driving. It would be a about a 30/40 min walk for hotel. You can catch the train from chessy to V de Europ, it literally a 2 min train journey

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Explorers Hotel

We have stayed here a few times and it is great! Nice quiet, clean, friendly hotel!

The pool is great (big pirate ship for the kiddies!) and they have a 6d cinema, games room and pool tables too.

There is a disney shop in the hotel - but my advice would be to take the bus to the train station and travel for one stop - there is a huuuge shopping centre there and a huge super market to pick up drinks and snacks and anything else you need.

I think explorers organise a bus to the shopping centre too - it's €5 each way, which is handy esp if you're travelling with kids or lots of shopping - but is deffo pricier than taking the train :)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Explorers Hotel

Disneyash we staying here in august want to no how small the swimgear for boys or mens has to be does it have to be speedos

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Explorers Hotel

Yeah - has to be speedos for all - no swimming shorts allowed! There's signs up at reception and at the pool, it's to do with some French hygiene standards I think?!

Either way, it's not too bad - towels are beside the pool and everyone is in the same position - don't let it put you off though - the pool in explorers is brilliant! Any other questions ask away - and have a great trip in August :)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Explorers Hotel

Hi sorry another question wat time is breakfast from and till or you have to book slots. And can kids not wear the school swimming shorts like speedos but tad long

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Explorers Hotel

Hey - no probs, glad to help!

Breakfast is 7-10 afaik, theyr not too strict though cause the restaurant is so big there's usually space :) I've never had to wait more than 2 mins to be seated (and have gone at a diff time than booked, with no hassle!)

As with the swimming togs - I think it's just shorts that can't be worn, if u mean wetsuit kinda longer speedos (that aren't baggy) I can't see there being an issue, but we had speedos just incase and most people did too, anyone that wasn't aware of the rule had to buy them there and they are pricey!! I'd just bring them if you can x

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Explorers Hotel

Thanks so much cant wait till we go

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Explorers Hotel

Now just convince dh lol

Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Explorers Hotel

My husband and sons wore the longer speedo shorts and they were acceptable.

We stayed at Explorers last year and loved it. It's a fantastic hotel for families with young children.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Explorers Hotel

Right a shall look for them dh not keen on the really tiny speedos lol.