We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for hotels near St Pancras

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
727 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations for hotels near St Pancras

I have checked previous posts for this but I have an additional question regarding this.

Last year I managed to book in advance to stay at Premier Inn Euston for around £100 including breakfast for 2 adults. However pricing it up now it is coming in at £190 WITHOUT breakfast which I think is shocking! We will be two adults and one 3 year old.

I tend to always stay at Premier inn as the sleep is great and the breakfast is fab however I can't justify this cost. We are taking a train from Salisbury and don't want the hassle of a very early start so need to stay overnight in London. Can anyone recommend some decent hotels in the St Pancras area? I had a look at Travelodge but am a bit wary as never stayed before and we do tend to spend most of the evening in the hotel because of my son's young age so ideally am looking for somewhere that is comfortable and has a decent breakfast.

I am struggling to find something that will hold a family for a decent price but maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

Thanks

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
52,752 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for hotels near St Pancras

Hi

If you have read previous posts on this subject you will have seen that I use either kings cross central or royal scot travelodges. KCC is closer, but it is an older building and only has cold breakfast. Royal scot is about 15 mins walk from st Pancras and is a bigger more modern hotel with a nice bar and restaurant on the ground floor near reception. Breakfast is a hot & cold buffet. They both have family rooms.

The price will depend on the day of the week and can vary enormously.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
52,752 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for hotels near St Pancras

The other reason I prefer royal scot is because it has a good italian restaurant very close by, and we like to have dinner there. On my last stay I had pizza in RS instead, and it was one of the best I have ever had!

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
727 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for hotels near St Pancras

Figgygirl - I did notice you posted about Travelodge Royal Scot and I am going to have a proper look. However is the area it's in okay? O heard some bad reviews about the area being rough and having "undesirables" hanging around the outside. With a 3 year old I am quite nervous about this. I don't mind the walk to the train station in the morning, heck I would even get a cab if I had to!

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,790 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations for hotels near St Pancras

Hi Phoenix, I just stayed there a couple of weeks ago. I didn't see any undesirables though there were a couple of pubs in the area. I never felt unsafe and found the walk to the station fine. Once I knew where it was of course!

The manager told me that they only have 8 family rooms, which was why no family rooms were available for our stay. The one we'd booked was out of action for our stay so they put us in two twin rooms - and threw in free evening meals for us to make up for it!

We stayed at the Kings Cross Central in February but had a bad nights sleep due to engineering works being carried out in the middle of the night on the railway line outside our window, the kids thought it was great though (2am, not great for grown ups!) but would happily stay at either again.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
727 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations for hotels near St Pancras

I just checked the prices and they are coming in at £140 at Royal Scot and £155 at Kings Cross Central, seems very expensive for a Travelodge!

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,790 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendations for hotels near St Pancras

Blimey that's a bit much! Are you travelling soon? They do jump up on price the closer it gets to your arrival date.

One trip we had the Kings Cross ones were to expensive for our dates so stayed at Bethnal Green one instead. You would need a taxi or take the tube though.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommendations for hotels near St Pancras

Try this website they sometimes have a bargain

http://www.londontown.com/

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommendations for hotels near St Pancras

Hi, I have stayed at Hotel Melville a few times and it's very good. Very clean and great location - it's literally 5 minutes walk to St Pancras. The rooms are pretty small (not sure if they have bigger ones for families). But price is usually around £100.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
52,752 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommendations for hotels near St Pancras

I have always felt safe walking to & from the royal scot even on my own in the dark, as there are always other people around. It does look a bit of a dodgy area but it doesn't mean that it is. The same with kings cross central.

I have paid from £40 to £150 for a family or double / twin room for one night in the royal scot depending on the day of the week or if school holidays.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
52,752 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommendations for hotels near St Pancras

Hi Emma, thanks for the info about hotel Melville.