We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feeding baby at DLP

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Feeding baby at DLP

Hi all,

I have no idea if anyone can help me but hoping for some info on what people did with their babies as I'm getting all in a flap about feeding my son while we are away! He is 5 months old and usually has baby porridge in the morning, then half an ellas kitchen pouch for dinner followed by some fruit.(bottle of milk all through the day too of course lol) I usually put the leftover half of the pouch in the fridge and use it the next day but am worried as i won't have access to a fridge...

Does anyone know if the pouches are okay if they aren't refrigerated? Or am i going to have to throw away a dinner everyday? can i buy any baby food there or is it too expensive?

Also, while on the subject. Im taking a travel kettle... can he drink the water once its boiled and cooled?

Thanks in advance xx

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feeding baby at DLP

Which hotel are you staying in we were in golden forest in sequoia lodge

And had a fridge

See if you do have one in room

Or even a mini bar you could ask them to empty

Then get a chiller bag and a baby food tub and put the first half in to take and leave the other half in fridge

We did get a pack of baby food jars in ribbons and bows

About €5 for 3

Beef and green veg If I remember right

But our dd was 15mnths and this was for an emergency as she had slept through our adr

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feeding baby at DLP

When we travelled with our son at around that age, we always bought everything fresh to be honest. but we also didnt give much "real" food, mostly only milk (in finland the recommendation is only to start with different tastes at 4 months, and 1 taste per day..only at 6 months more "real" food, less milk), so basically for us it was about a jar or less or proper food and the rest milk.

there is auchan at val deurope, when we were in france at tinys 6 months (not in disneyland but south), we bought a lot of stuff there. they also used to have baby water, which was special bottled water just for babies, we would buy 1 bottle and it got us through few days (as it was 1 litre), if you go, you could check if they still have that, saves you boiling water for him to drink.

otherwise id probably just use fresh per day, dont think you can use the fridge in the room.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,615 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Feeding baby at DLP

Hi billolou

I can't give the link from iPhone at present but there is a thread in our top questions list about babies in Disneyland which you should find helpful. I can give the links when I am home on computer.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,615 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Feeding baby at DLP

There are babycare centres in both parks which sell nappies in 3 sizes, baby food , toddler food, bibs, and other baby items. They have a microwave, drinking water, toilets, sink, chairs for feeding, and changing mat.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,615 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Feeding baby at DLP

Yes you can certainly boil the water to make up bottles, or for baby to drink when cooled. It will be perfectly safe.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Feeding baby at DLP

Thanks for the help everyone. Most people just assume i'll be leaving baby at home... which I would never dream of, but still can't help but wonder if I am crazy haha

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Feeding baby at DLP

naa, its not such a big deal, probably somewhat easier travelling with the baby now. just if you can, visit auchan and buy all you need there, they are well equipped. you dont even need anything special to heat up the food jars or bottles, just put into hot water for a while and it will warm up enough.

if you dont breastfeed and he still drinks substitute milk, if you have it in britain, buy ready made mother milk substitutes, in france they only have powder versions and its a bit more annoying preparing those.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Feeding baby at DLP

Yes I have stocked up on ready made bottles of milk and also have a tub of his milk powder and a tommee tipped travel bottle warmer a bit like a thermos. I think all should be fine, just first time holiday nerves haha x

Bungay
Level Contributor
109 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Feeding baby at DLP

Have you seen the spoons you can buy which screw directly onto the food pouches! Look fab for on the go. They sell them in Tesco. They didn't do them when dd was little but I work in baby dept and suggested them to my friend for fruit pouches who said they are great when out so il definitely get some when baby number 2 gets here. The fruit ones aren't as big as the meals and aren't stored in fridge in supermarket so you could always take extra fruit ones I'm sure it won't do baby any harm to have extra fruit a couple of days...

Bungay
Level Contributor
109 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Feeding baby at DLP

Have you seen the spoons you can buy which screw directly onto the food pouches! Look fab for on the go. They sell them in Tesco. They didn't do them when dd was little but I work in baby dept and suggested them to my friend for fruit pouches who said they are great when out so il definitely get some when baby number 2 gets here. The fruit ones aren't as big as the meals and aren't stored in fridge in supermarket so you could always take extra fruit ones I'm sure it won't do baby any harm to have extra fruit a couple of days...