We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

About to book, few q's re booking

staffordshire
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Topic
About to book, few q's re booking

So after going back an forth an actually booking a different break then changing my mind were actually going to do it! we're going to be going the week before Christmas and arriving back home 3 days before Christmas so I expect we will be extremely high on festivity and mega happy and excited!

Anyway a couple of questions before I book if anyone could help please, I'm abit nervous sorta excited nervous! And can't believe we're doing it sorta feeling!

the questions-

If I book direct with disney on there site is it possible to add meal plan at amateur date and wud I be charged to do so?

If an offer came up on dining, I ding know what sort of offers they may have, maybe a percentage off a dinning plan ur something would this apply to me even though I've recived an offer on the hotel booking.

Does it matter which way round I book the hotel and transport, I can't see that by does but never know! Was going book hotel now to secure the 2 nights free offer then sort out travel after.

Would I have to pay in full or can I pay a deposit booking they disney site?

Is offer that's currently on of book 2 nights get 2 nights free and with kid under 7 stay an play free, is that a good offer/the best I'm likely to get for December or are there likely to be any better offers?

Do they usually have offers on dinning plans or should I just book it now or not take one at all and save the money to take with us?

I've read about going through a cash back site to save some money so think ill try that too

Any other tips or advice would be greatly recived too!

We're looking at goin to sequoia lodge an possibly staying in gf room, we have a 4 1/2 yr old an a 18 month old. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: About to book, few q's re booking

I can't answer all your questions, but you can add a meal plan at a later date and if you book through the Disney website you have to pay it all at once. I think if you book over the phone it's a 15% deposit. I booked direct through topcashback and I'm due about £60 so I would deffo recommend doing that.

staffordshire
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: About to book, few q's re booking

Thank you, the golden forest rooms diesctgecoruce change on them, at the moment it's, well yesterday bit checked today yet, it was £101 to uograde for 2 adults a child an a baby would you say that's worth it?

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
2,540 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: About to book, few q's re booking

1) book on phone directly with disney. you pay 15% deposit + booking fee (which you pay anyway, internet or phone). also then you dont have to pay the balance all at once, you can pay in several installments, as long as its paid off 2 months in advance for people from the UK.

sometimes you have offers that include dining plan, but its not always guaranteed.

2) meal plan you can add up to 3 days before arrival (even when you have paid off the balance etc already).

3) if a better offer comes along, you can change but in order not to pay any kind of penalty fee, the value of the new offer has to be equal or higher than the one youve booked already. thus, do not yet add dining plan. if you get a better offer which is lets say 100 pounds cheaper than your current one, you can always just add the dining plan, making the new offer higher in value so you dont pay the penalty.

4) doesnt matter which one you book first, hotel or transport..best sort out transport yourself, not through disney.

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
2,540 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: About to book, few q's re booking

the week before christmas will be very busy at the parks, no chance of going a week earlier? might make a big difference because of kids and queueing.

also if youd go early november (until nov 12th) there would still be characters at the GF breakfast lounge.

staffordshire
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: About to book, few q's re booking

Thanks but I want to go close to Christmas for the excitement of it been so close also it taking my little bit out of school, I'm still takin hkm out when were going but at least it's the last 3 days before the finish for the holidays so in my

Mind not so bad!?

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
2,540 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: About to book, few q's re booking

they go to school at 4? here in finland only at 7, didnt realise its so early over there.

well, it will probably be quite busy but you get a fastpass per person per day at GF.

Peacehaven, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: About to book, few q's re booking

We went the 18th - 20th dec last year and that was the three last days of term, got there in the evening on the 18th, just in time for the fireworks and it was mobbed! We were so gutted as we thought it wouldn't be as busy.. BUT it was just a case of a mass of people in one place.. The next day (our full day in the parks) we walked on to practically every ride! Only thing we queued longer than 20 mins for was to meet a princess (90 mins!) our final day in the park it definately got a lot busier!

staffordshire
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: About to book, few q's re booking

Thanks, that's good to know it wasn't too bad same time last yr then! yeah children start school at 4 here in England :-( well we will go on the weds an return on the Sunday so I'm hoping weds-fri might not be too bad but I'm expecting too be much busier come sat an sun

Peacehaven, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: About to book, few q's re booking

We went weds to fri and I think a lot of people had the idea of travelling on the thurs rather than travelling on the weds which was why Thursday wasn't too busy! I can imagine the Saturday and Sunday will be manic though!

10. Re: About to book, few q's re booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics