We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

disney in a wheelchair

ireland
Level Contributor
2,056 posts
1 review
Save Topic
disney in a wheelchair

Planning on coming over in December to possibly meet Anna eeeek!!! (Oh and elsa too ) . But dd1 might be in a wheelchair then , she is having surgrey and both her legs will be casted after for 2 months. While I would neve entertain taking her in this period normaly the chance of meeting Anna is too much to pass on lol! Dd2 is frozen crazy and esp luvs Anna !! So basically im I crazy to consider it, is there much she can still go on?? ( we dont do rollercoasters anyway)

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
54,116 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: disney in a wheelchair

Hi munstergirl. Sorry to hear that your DD needs to have this surgery. I think your first consideration is transport and insurance, to make sure there are no problems with this.

There are not many rides that are possible for a person in a wheelchair, as most need to be able to transfer from chair to ride with assistance. They will give you details at City Hall when you get the Easy Access Pass for people with temporary disabilities, which covers limbs in plaster.

It would have to be a trip mainly meeting Characters and enjoying shows and parades, rather than rides, apart from the ones that do have a carriage for wheelchairs.

Look at the first column on each page in the Accessibility Guide, from page 11 onwards, which shows Attractions for people in wheelchairs who cannot transfer.

disneylandparis.com/BROCHURE/…

ireland
Level Contributor
2,056 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: disney in a wheelchair

Hi figgy thanks, I would be able to lift her in and out of rides would this make a diffrence?? She willb able to put some weight on her legs 3 weeks post op too. I may take our cousin with us so we could take turn taking dd2 on rides. Still hopeing it wouldn't clash with out dlp trip tho!

Weert, The...
Level Contributor
328 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: disney in a wheelchair

I think for a lot of rides it will also mathers how tall she is.

If you can lift here in and out by yourself you are aloud in more rides.

I am in a wheelchair and use a brace on 1 leg , can't bend my leg very far and some rides like snowwhite, pinocchio, phantom manor, buzz lightyear, i have to sit sideways because you can only sit there with fully bended legs.

If she is young or tiny she can fit in these atraction otherwise she need to ride them alone with you behind her.

ireland
Level Contributor
2,056 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: disney in a wheelchair

She will be able to bend leg, cast will be below her knee. She is 1.2mtr tall.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
54,116 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: disney in a wheelchair

If the cast is below the knee and she can be lifted on / off rides that will certainly make a difference, although some will not be possible due to possible evacuation procedures, like Peter Pan's Flight, which could involve using a ladder.

Weert, The...
Level Contributor
328 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: disney in a wheelchair

That makes a lot of a difference and she can do a lot a of rides.

I can do them almost all except peter pan and some roller coasters.

ireland
Level Contributor
2,056 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: disney in a wheelchair

Thanks guys! Not bothered about Peter pan or rollercoasters. She was on Peter pan 2 years ago with her cousin and they had to be evaluated , she though it was brilliant the cm having to help her down the ladder lol!!

Thanks again good to know this, hopefully it wont come to this and she will be fine when we go.

8. Re: disney in a wheelchair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2015, 06:17