We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating in the same restaurant every night , we missing out ?

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Eating in the same restaurant every night , we missing out ?

Although our trip is quite a while away we have been talking about what we are going to be doing for food while in dlp

We are stopping at the SL so the obvious choice is to eat at the hunters grill , we have to quite fussy eaters so the buffet type restaurants are better for us and my wife has read a lot of favourable reviews on the hunters grill and says we should just eat there every night as much less hassle

So I know this is quite a hard question to answer but do you think we are missing out on not eating in other restaurants during our stay ?

My reasoning about not sticking to the hunters grill every night is that we would have to travel back to the hotel every evening to eat

Can anybody recommend any of the other buffet type restaurants ?

St Andrews, United...
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating in the same restaurant every night , we missing out ?

There are lots of buffet's en route to the hotel. DLH has inventions which you'll be passing anyway. NHY has parkside diner.

If NPB has been renovated by then, cape cod may be worth popping into? All within 5-10 mins from your hotel.

In the parks, if you want to eat then go on rides or see dreams etc you'll have plaza gardens (and Agrabah but not idea for fussy eaters) in the disney park and restaurant des stars in the studios.

St Andrews, United...
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating in the same restaurant every night , we missing out ?

In answer to your question, although hunters grill gets fab reviews I'd personally rather experience a few different places. Yes, in my opinion there are lots of good restaurants to try and I'd be inclined to try more than just one place but each to their own :-)

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
926 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating in the same restaurant every night , we missing out ?

It is a very personal thing, but I would feel I had missed out if I ate at the same place every night whilst in DLP, as there are so many lovely places to choose from. Hunters Grill is lovely and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal there, but we also enjoyed our meals in the other places we ate, and I enjoyed the variety. I would also feel I had missed out on the chance to have character meals - we really enjoyed Cafe Mickey and Inventions brunch, both for food and meeting all the characters in a fairly easy and time efficient manner. We also did BBWWS and although the food wasn't really my thing, I was still so glad we did it as we all really enjoyed the show.

The only other buffets we have eaten in ( other than Hunters Grill) were Inventions sunday brunch (best meal of all, but pricey), Plaza Gardens (lovely setting, lovely food) and Restaurant Des Stars (fine but wouldn't be in a rush to go back). I am quite fussy and didn't go hungry!

St Andrews, United...
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating in the same restaurant every night , we missing out ?

Can I ask have you looked at the table service menus? Although not 100% accurate, DLPguide has some updates and you may find they suit your family?

dlpguide.com/planning/…

If you put the time into reading them to get an idea of what they sell you may find some table service also an option :-)

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
728 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eating in the same restaurant every night , we missing out ?

I definitely prefer to try different places every night. I am staying at Sequoia and intend eating at Hunters Grill once but every other night I am trying somewhere different. As others have said there are plenty of buffet choices. Even if just for the atmosphere it is nice to try somewhere else. I also find if you eat at the hotel you might be less inclined to go back to the parks. I atend at Restaurant de Stars which was really nice but this year I am trying Inventions, Hunters Grill and would have loved to try Agrabah but it's closed during my stay. I do prefer table service rather than buffets though so I tend to have a mix of both.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,887 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eating in the same restaurant every night , we missing out ?

Hi,

Although I like Hunters Grill very much, I would not want to eat there every night of my stay, or even on every trip. I like the variety of the restaurant decor, and location, not just the food.

If your wife feels happier booking Sequoia Lodge for every night, you could do that in one name, so she feels reassured, and book some others in your name so you have the option of trying a different restaurant if you decide you would like a change after all.

Cape Cod in the Newport Bay should be back in its proper refurbished lakeside position, so certainly worth booking that. Parkside Diner in the New York is smaller, and the diner type theming doesn't appeal to everyone, but they usually have lovely desserts - more individual than the other buffets.

Inventions certainly has lots of choice, and it is cheaper if they stop Characters at lunchtime. Plaza Gardens in the DL Park is a good all round buffet, with tasteful Victorian decor, and saves leaving the park.

I really like Agrabah Cafe, but it is very different from the others, and does not suit everyone. Lovely theming, less busy than Plaza G, with North African / Morroccan/ Mediterranean dishes. No kids section though, no pizzas, nuggets, chips etc.

We have threads about buffets in our TQ list, and there are some photos in my albums on Flickr.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/figgygirl/sets/

Neath, United...
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Eating in the same restaurant every night , we missing out ?

Hi David

Like you I can be a fussy eater sometimes (well most times lol)

last trip I done a few places I may not have tried in the past and I did enjoy all the places I went to inc Walts, Hunters Grill and Auberge. and that has got me in the mood to try other new places in Dec like Blue Lagoon and Agrabah Cafe.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,887 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eating in the same restaurant every night , we missing out ?

I couldn't believe when you said you were fussy Welshie - you ate everything.

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Eating in the same restaurant every night , we missing out ?

Once again some great advice

I think between now and when we go I am going to pick a couple of other Buffet type places and book those as well as Hunters

Thanks again

10. Re: Eating in the same restaurant every night , we missing out ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 06:18