We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help - information overload

West Midlands
Level Contributor
456 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Please help - information overload

Hi there

Sorry to be a pain and sorry if these questions have been asked but I have read so much I am now suffering from complete information overload :-)

We are visiting DLP for one day on Sunday 19th October. There will be myself, husband and daughter (5 yrs). We have rented a cottage just outside the park as we will only be spending the day at DLP and the rest of our time exploring the area. As we are only in DLP for one day we want to make the most of it. Please please can anyone help me:

1) Is it best to buy entrance tickets online before we go or at the gate on the day?

2) Is there anywhere where we are able to get breakfast with disney characters and if so do I need to book before we go?

3) Am I right in thinking that to meet a princess we must first get tickets from the OLD MILL and then go to the PRINCESS PAVILION at the specified time?

4) I have read of Inventions brunch - are there disney characters here when eating. Is this a good place to eat? We dont intend eating with the characters 3 times but would like ideas of how and where to eat and meet characters at the same time and then we can choose which one to do. We will be staying at the park till closing so can anyone recommend a good place to eat on the evening also.

5) We want to go shopping at the disneyland village as daughter has been saving all her pocket money and is very excited about spending it. What time is the village open till and is it possible to access the village without going to the park.

6) How much is it to park (car) at DLP for the day ?

Sorry for all the questions

Thank you in advance

Jo

Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
455 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help - information overload

Cafe mickey is open for breakfast with the characters, you can book this 2 days in advance.

Alot of people rave about brunch at inventions, yes there are characters there and from what I read some rarer characters. Each brunch has its own Theme there is a thread on here that lists them maybe worth having to look if they have what theme your date is listed.

Disney village is open until midnight I believe and no you do not need park tickets to access the village

West Midlands
Level Contributor
456 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help - information overload

Thank you so much for such a quick reply. We are so excited and just want to make the most of the day. Only 59 sleeps left :-)

xxx

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help - information overload

If you are in area anyways I would avoid the Sunday and go midweek - you will get much more done when crowds will be smaller.

Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
455 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help - information overload

Enjoy we have 26 sleeps to go :) cannot wait!

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
929 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help - information overload

As you only have one day and it is at the weekend (so will be busier than if you went on a weekday - do you have any flexibility with which day you go, as you are staying in the area?) my personal approach would be to only have one meal where you are sitting down for a long period e.g. Inventions brunch, so that it doesn't take out too much time from the parks. Inventions is in the park (well, the hotel over the entrance) so would waste less time travelling to and from. There are counter service places where you could grab something else later (although we were so stuffed after our Inventions brunch, we didn't want anything else other than snacks).

Cafe Mickey is in the village, so takes a little longer to get there and back, but can work out significantly cheaper.

On our next trip, I am planning a night offsite so we can then travel to our onsite hotel early the following morning. Anyone can enter Disney Village so my plan is to eat at Cafe Mickey and do some shopping that night to get us in the mood and to save time for the rest of our trip - as you are staying nearby, could that be an option for you? A character meal in Inventions on the day you go to the parks and then back to the village on another occasion to have a character meal in Cafe Mickeys and do the shopping?

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help - information overload

Hi Jo - It can be daunting planning a day so you are not alone :) I will do my best to answer your questions

1.Definatley buy your tickets in advance as buying on the gates is the most expensive way of doing it - not too mention the sometimes huge queues! You can either buy online with Disney directly or use somehwhere like promoparks or ticketnet.fr - they sometimes have great deals.

2.You can eat breakfasts in Cafe Mickey which is in the Village. There are 2 sittings - 8am and 9.30am (i think) and i think offsite guests are restricted to the later sitting. You will see around 5 or 6 characters here and the breakfast is buffet style.

3.Sometimes there is a ticket system for the PP and sometimes not. However 19 october is super peak time so I would guess the ticket system will be in place. Yes, the tickets are available by the old mill. Worth remembering only 1 person needs to queue for tickets for all of you so one of you could do other things with your DD whilst the other gets them (you can sometimes queue upto an hour just to get the tickets!) It is always worth asking for tickets with a return time in the evening as there tends to be a much shorter queue then once you are inside the PP - this will save you spending yet another hour in the queue!

4.Sunday brunch is rated as the best character meal at Disney. It is also the most expensive! about 65 euro per adult. Each week has a different theme so you could phone dining reservations to see if the theme is one you would like or not. Otherwise the evening meal in inventions also is a good character meal. It costs about 10euro less and will have more of the standard characters rather then special ones you can see at Brunch. Both options I would say you need to book in advance as on such a busy day the are likely to be fully booked in advance.

5.The village is open till at 1am so plently of time to shop after the park closes :) However straight after park closing the shops can be very busy. If you are early rises you could always go there before park opening. Not all shops are open but the main one "world of Disney" is open from about 8 or 8.30am and would be very quiet at that time of day.

6. There are 2 parking options at Disney. either the main carpark which costs 15 euro per day. We normally recocomend using the de vinci car park at Disney village though. This is closer to the park and cheaper too :) 12 euros per day. This is next to the world of disney store and the entrance into the parks from here is normally much quieter and so quicker to get through the security checks.

Have a brilliant time - Halloween is fab!

Amanda

West Midlands
Level Contributor
456 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help - information overload

Thank you all so very much for your replies. We are flexible in that we could go on the Monday rather than the Sunday - would this be quieter?

Certainly will go with the cheaper car parking option and going to buy tickets before we go :-)

Having read all the replies I am now thinking of visiting Disney village on another day and at the same time having breakfast or lunch at Cafe Mickey on the same day as shopping. Silly question but is the disney village open on a sunday. Also we want to visit Val D Europe (inparticular the Auchan) is this open on Sunday?

xxx

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please help - information overload

Monday MAY be a bit quieter but if you mean the 20th it won't be significantly quieter. we were there that time last year and it was very busy all days due to the school holidays. But still if i had to chose I would pick monday.

The village is open 7 days a week, but most shops in Val D Europe are closed sundays (as is most of france! so don't get caught out lol)

West Midlands
Level Contributor
456 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please help - information overload

Thanks Amanda - I thought that would be the case with Sunday Shopping boo hoo love Auchan ... Thanks for advice re Monday x

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please help - information overload

I think Auchan may be one of the few shops open? Will try and check for you x